• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA scheduling question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Join a "Cartel", the senior guys hate those things, it circumvents their seniority!
KBB

"The Tranny Cartel".

I like it. The name says; 'we're freaky and we're freaky'. My personal tattoo girl is already working on something special.

Does SWA frown on a full sleeve ?

Last edited:
I'm in the bottom 1/4 on the Captain side and I'm at 130 this month with 12 days worked, or 18 days off. Almost all premium.

Work smart, not hard.

Gup

I average 105 with 12-13 days worked. I pick up nothing and do a bit of ELITT trading as I like max QOL to be home with my wife and young kids. If I ever needed I could go 115+ without thinking about and most can. The crazy totals 150+ require detailed knowledge of our system and how to work it, living on the computer to bod/trade and no set schedule to pick up when best. No thanks.

I averaged 130 a month last year, fourth year pay, Had planned to stop in August but then the contract was signed, I got the retro/Back pay, that made me hit the 401K max ($16500) and I kept going through the end of the year to put money into my remodel...I COMMUTE, I work much "Smarter" now, average 100 per month, work 11-13 days and spend time at home with my 5 year old. (Still hit the 401K cap in august 20th (I contribute 20%) so still got my "Self inflicted pay raise" and am much happier.)

Learn the system and it's much easier, for the first few months, it's gonna be super confusing and you'll be beating your head against the keyboard at the illegal messages (30/7, to many duty periods, etc) until you figure it out!

KBB

BTW, I can only hold weekend's due to my east coast "Seniority" and weekend trips average less pay in my opinion!

Last edited:
I'm in the bottom 1/4 on the Captain side and I'm at 130 this month with 12 days worked, or 18 days off. Almost all premium.

Work smart, not hard.

Gup

You suck. You must not commute. I fly over 120 a month on average...most of it the hard way. I don't work more than 14 a month though, normally.

It should also be noted that there seems to be some seasonality in premium available to CA vs FO. Lately CA premium has been more prevalent than FO. It is also much easier to give away as a CA than as an FO due to the lances. Some bases have much more commuters than others which affects the way you can work your strategy. It wont take long to figure it all out. Good luck.

It should also be noted that there seems to be some seasonality in premium available to CA vs FO. Lately CA premium has been more prevalent than FO. It is also much easier to give away as a CA than as an FO due to the lances. Some bases have much more commuters than others which affects the way you can work your strategy. It wont take long to figure it all out. Good luck.

Thats because we are overmanned 200+ FO's

This is gonna hit us 80,000 FO's based in MDW,BWI,and MCO in the shorts again. We keep taking it for "THE Company". I will be back to weekends, again. 5+yrs and counting.

Latest resources

Back