• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

Im told there will be a FA class in Oct..

Everybody saw the numbers of 1100 pilots over the next three years..

SWAPA has posted numbers of 430 for 04,470 for 05,and 500 for 06..

The second set of numbers are correct unless something changes..The 1100 over three years is the min that WAS PLANNED some time ago..

Several sources confirmed that the numbers will be much higher than 1100 due to a variety of reasons..

There seems to be a big debate in the GO as to when classes should start and how many per class..

Two different sources confirmed that right now the plan was two classes per month starting in Jan through at least Sept of each year..Class size should be between 20 to 24 per..I guess a "how goes it "some time in the summer of each year will decide how the later part of the year will go..

If you do the math at 24 per that is 432 for the year if they were to stop at the end of Sept..Thats pretty close to the SWAPA number..

As always..You milage may very due to tire wear and under/over inflation..

Mike

Mike,

as always, great news for us poolies.

Any truth to a previous thread about classes starting in Feb?

Just curious.

aj

Thanks Mike!

Man..
Thats what you guys pay me the big bucks for..LOL.

AJ..

Everybody ive talked with has said no later than Jan..Ive heard Jan 5th a few times but ive not checked the date to see if it makes sense..

Mike

Just got back from Big D...

I heard they asked the instructors if they could train 1000 pilots next year? Answer was No.

They were interviewing more instructors at the schoolhouse. Looking to add more?

I heard 1400 pilots over the next 3 years.

Lastly, I ran over to DFW to jumpseat home. It worked great. While, I was running to the gate an AA pilot pointed at me and told me to take off my tie? I wear one of those American Flag ties. Its too bad I didn't understand what he said until he was 30 feet away. I would have told him to go @#&% himself. Then I was reminded of what somebody told me a few days ago, I guess there are some people that think wearing an American Flag tie is disrespectful -what gives? Anybody heard this?

Funny, because about 10 minutes later an AA pax told me "Man, thats a great tie!" I said "I think so too"

Flag Etiquette

Just to answer your question and not get too far off the thread subject, proper flag etiquette prohibits the wearing of the flag.

I wonder if Santa Claus has the same rule :D

Typhoonpilot

Geez, it's a good thing the interview team doesn't know that - it's what I wore on that fateful day :).

Besides, it's not actually a flag around your neck that you are wearing. It's a tie with the flag design, right?

Off the subject, but I'm in the Reserves and I wear a flag on my shoulder, and so does every other military member. Come to think of it so does the president (on his lapel). The list could go on. The previous reply was correct. It is poor etiquette to wear an actual flag as clothing. Wear your flag tie with pride!

Now I'm guilty of full blown thread creep. I happen to have a couple of really nice flag ties and a few Christmas ones as well, alas, I got my application into Southwest a little too late for the last round of interviews.

The previous answer is from a yahoo search on flag etiquette, not necessarily my personal opinion.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back