Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second, it's negotiating time, so guess what everybody, Gary is gonna expense everything he can to write down even more debt, all the while making it look like doom and gloom. Well there's a vote a confidence for ol' Gary. Pigeonholing him with the other "Hall of Fame" mgt teams of the legacys. One thing Gary has always done is to shoot straight to the employees. He's not going to insult your intelligence by patronizing to the media that things aren't going well. It's too easy for anyone with common sense (including SWAPA) to buy into false negatives on the P&L. Please, we missed projection by 1 cent. You all need to be over on the other thread congratulating Continental, good job there.

For SWA, it's all a game of smoke and mirrors till a contract is signed, hang on for the ride.:p
Hopefully, you are kidding.

:pimp:​

No lower your fares to deeper levels.
Maybe as low as Ted's fares??

I would say that Herb had the rest of the pack beat. Kelly is just trying to figure out how to run the show and the score card is not nearly as good as Herb's.
Tilton and Goodwin are such Genuises!:laugh: How many $$millions was spent on the failed corporate jet operation?:laugh: Let's not forget Wolfe, the man was a genius, he made millions off the backs of the ual employees!:beer: Come on 32, you're making it too easy!

So far he has experimented with assigned seating, the Walmart gift cards, been sued by employees and passengers at a fairly quick clip, and suffered the airlines first accident that resulted in loss of life.
Only a scumbag POS like you would take a cheap shot like that! how many lives were lost at the incompetence of ual?

Is SWA dead? Nope. Is it listing? Perhaps, time will tell.
I tell you what, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, see which one gets filled first. Have a nice day intern boy! BTW, keep the love notes coming, its getting more hilarious by the message. If you weren't so pathetic, I'd feel sorry for your dumb a$$!

Southwest is doing fine. Excluding one time charges, you had decent numbers. Not blow-away Wall Street numbers (which is what the crowd now expects), but they're still decent numbers.
And in the airline industry ANY profitable quarter is good.

Andy..... you don't get it. We won't be happy until there is world domination!

Gup :uzi:

Maybe as low as Ted's fares??
Brilliant comment.

Tilton and Goodwin are such Genuises!:laugh: How many $$millions was spent on the failed corporate jet operation?:laugh: Let's not forget Wolfe, the man was a genius, he made millions off the backs of the ual employees!:beer: Come on 32, you're making it too easy!
Well the difference would be both of those guys are gone. The new guy (tilton) is here and so far he has done what he said he would do. As far as Goodwin goes he gave us the highest pay rates in the industry. Kelly is uncharted waters for a SWA CEO. But again, is this thread about UAL or SWA?

Only a scumbag POS like you would take a cheap shot like that! how many lives were lost at the incompetence of ual?
The only comment was that he was the president that has handle something Herb never did. In fact save the recent events SWA has an admirable safety record. Perhaps they just need to refocus on the areas where they are lacking and it will be a non issue. But The entire script was about the issues that Kelly has had to deal with versus Herb. I ask you is this about UAL or SWA? You are not focusing on this thread very well.

Last edited:
hmmmmm........

I always get tickled when I see people make brilliant suggestions like this.

Do your research...Southwest has already raised fares several times.

You can only raise fares so many times until the customers say, "It ain't worth it." Then they'll either fly on your competition...or they won't fly at all. Southwest is a low-cost, no-frills carrier. Period. Just a few days ago, Gary said we were already seeing some resistance to our last fare increase.

this is what im most curious about. now that the fare gap is narrow and going to get narrower between the LCC's and the legacies will the flying public remain loyal to the LCC's, or will they now say......for a similar price, i'd rather fly on CAL coast to coast at dinner time and get fed food, get one pass miles on a global network, take advantage of what they offer above the no frills and the terra chips? to me, keeping fares low was and is crucial to the LCC's model to their success and to bleeding the big guys to death! they almost succeeded, but oil prices are keeping everyone honest and with much slimmer legacies, it really is going to get interesting. SWA for sure has upcoming balance sheet problems, they must raise fares (revenue) to stay in the black, and the legacies will be there to match them the second they do so further strenghtening their position.

And you suggest raising our fares again?

if not then get ready to join the rest of the concession plagued industry.
This is not just a WN problem, this is an industry problem.....why are we the only bunch of dumbasses that dont pass on the costs to the consumer. If it is done on an industry level equally, where everyone does it, the public will just have to swallow it. people need to fly they will fly, just like people deal with the stupid energy charges on your room bill in cali....yes you will get resistance, but the transferance of wealth from the airline workers to the flying public needs to goddang stop. i do not want to subsidize joe bloes $110 transcon roundtrip anymore while swallowing the rising cost of fuel via concessions, salary freezes, or other crap.

Of course, if you had half a clue of what you're talking about, you wouldn't even suggest such a thing, but then again, I suspect your motives are more about helping yourself rather than Southwest. Stop trying to play "Airline CEO" and educate yourself as to some basic airline economics. Then accept that when it comes to running an airline, Gary Kelly has you beat. :rolleyes:

Someone made a comment about WN buying an airplane for full cash and then taking that charge in 1 quarter as posturing......i am all ears as to why an airline would do this? other than true posturing come contract time, which isnt very herb-like.......what gives?

Last edited:
above post.....

i dont know how to copy and then post several times, but in the above post my comments in the blue box are in bold italics......

********************, i bet my cousin in 3rd grade could school me on that! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back