Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of "One time write-off" didn't you understand? The part where average fuel costs in 2007 for WN will be $49 bbl.

So Gary will bail us out, but Gary will get what he wants, so which is it? Gary will get what he wants in 24 months.

What part of "Market closes above 12,000 for first time ever" didn't you understand? The part where the world economy is slowing down and OPEC is cutting a million bbls per day.

:pimp:​

Hey LowerIQ,

Did a SWAPA Brother do something to your Wife, while you were out of town?
Actually it was a SWAPA sister and it was in Tijuana, and I'm pissed.

Swa

Back after Q2 #'s were released I posted something about WN's upcoming economical picture and then got an earful on this led by SWAFO. Now that my ears have healed, lol, I am back with some figures as released by SWA itself.

So, WN posted 48MIL or 6 cents a share profit in Q3.

excluding write downs it would have been:
54MIL or 19 cents a share.....still below the street's expectations by only a penny.

Also, WN saved 200MIL in Q3 from their fuel hedging.
Fuel costs rose 67.1%.

Gary said WN lost about 40MIL from the UK terrorists fiasco....

Now, say there was no terror related loss and SWA had no write down, it's profit would have been 94MIL for Q3! Not bad, BUUUUTTTT.........
without their fuel hedging they would have lost 106 MIL in Q3!

Yes, I know this topic has been beat to death by both sides, but I am not posting to say I told you so, but instead am wondering what the SWA pilots know about how WN will go forward in dealing with this. CAL has posted similar #'s, BUUUUUTTTT it was done without the fuel hedging! The only reason SWA has been able to ekkk out a profit was by raising fares......and in doing so you now narrow the price gap with the majors even more. I wonder if after some more price increases youll now see people going back to the majors for all that they offer above the LCC's since price is now relatively the same.

Like I said back in Q2, I hope SWA will be the first airline to figure out how to stay profitable without going to labor for concessions in this coming near future, because if they do......you can sure as hell bet the rest of the industry's labor will point to them and concessions will be a thing of the past!

I for one am hopeful that WN will show the way on this one because the other alternative is well.......to take it like the other 90% have already done so, but this time it'll be while the other 90% are growing stronger and poised to get some of their $$$ back.

Now, say there was no terror related loss and SWA had no write down, it's profit would have been 94MIL for Q3! Not bad, BUUUUTTTT.........
without their fuel hedging they would have lost 106 MIL in Q3!

Yes, I know this topic has been beat to death by both sides,

And if you know that then why have you not picked up that the math doesn't work that simply?

The health of our company is represented by the .19 a share. If you take into consideration the cost of the failed UK terrorist plot, we would have beat Wallstreet expectations.

As has been said before. When "if" and "buts" are candy and nuts we will all have Merry Christmas.

SWA on the slide. Oh, say it ain't so.

Great to see this.

I think that we also bought back $300 million in company stock this quarter. (total of $600 million this year so far.) But that wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the numbers too.....for some reason everyone like to blame the fuel hedges. :rolleyes:

AFLAC!:smash:

LOWECUR...If my car is over six years old and it is paid off should I get rid of the collision?
:laugh:

Last edited:
As has been said before. When "if" and "buts" are candy and nuts we will all have Merry Christmas.

Great to see this.

there is nothing to see, get back to work! the phones are ringing.

LOWECUR...If my car is over six years old and it is paid off should I get rid of the collision?
:laugh:
No. I will quote you with a $10,000 deductible on Comp/Collision for $1200. per year. It's a great deal. The only thing is, I need payment in full.....cash.

If you decide to go bare and you have an accident, I think the IRS will let you write it off......you know, like WN is doing on those hedge contracts that have been devalued.

Great to see this.

Well, let me be first to say ******************** off.:smash:

Second, it's negotiating time, so guess what everybody, Gary is gonna expense everything he can to write down even more debt, all the while making it look like doom and gloom. Please, we missed projection by 1 cent. You all need to be over on the other thread congratulating Continental, good job there.

For SWA, it's all a game of smoke and mirrors till a contract is signed, hang on for the ride.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back