• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you guys are done talking about the bachelor, lets hear some class predictions :)

I would like to say June, RNP training is done in May, and if they do not retire the 300s when the 10 new 700 come on line, they will need to staff for those airplanes and routes associated with them.

I am an optimist and just guessing.

I would like to say June, RNP training is done in May, and if they do not retire the 300s when the 10 new 700 come on line, they will need to staff for those airplanes and routes associated with them.
Phase 3 of RNP is done in April. Phase 4 starts in May and that will last until Dec. SWAPA says that even with the new flight schedule, that starts in May, we are still about 300 pilots overmanned and SWA will have to add about 25 airplanes before that overmanning is solved. My guess is there will be no hiring in 2010, unless SWA suddenly does some rapid expansion.

Phase 3 of RNP is done in April. Phase 4 starts in May and that will last until Dec. SWAPA says that even with the new flight schedule, that starts in May, we are still about 300 pilots overmanned and SWA will have to add about 25 airplanes before that overmanning is solved. My guess is there will be no hiring in 2010, unless SWA suddenly does some rapid expansion.

Hiring will start in late 2012 or 2013. That is barring any mergers, or a double dip recession.

Another deal where that 6 or 8G for a type rating isn't working out too well!!

I think it's going to work out just fine for him! RB, you should really get over it and move on; you can always interview again, but I have a feeling it will yield the same results.

Latest resources

Back