• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, I was asking the SWA guys their opinion, not the haters out there their uninformed rants. Thanks to all the SWA folks for the info.

Sorry guys but Tanker Clown's numbers are pretty accurate from what I've seen and heard on the line. We can opt to keep or retire 10 Classics this year and seeing as we have about 30-40 spares sitting in the desert not being flown right now, I think it's a safe bet that we will retire all 10 Classics this year. These airplanes aren't condusive to the full up RNP that we are heading toward. Barring someone like US going CH.7 overnight, I don't think we will see a newhire class until sometime in 2012, and that will only be for minor attrition. I hope that I'm completely wrong in my predictions, but so far I haven't seen any evidence that GK is interested in growing this airline unless he is guaranteed a profit almost immediately. Herb would grow the airline and worry about whether it made money after the fact. Gary does just the opposite, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

You and Tanker Tool may be correct, but in Tanker Tools case he's been wrong before and IMHO he'll be wrong again. Bottom line, no one knows for sure what will happen, but Tanker Tool likes to believe he does. Poolies, hang in there as it is well worth the wait! Gotta go find some more sugar for my kool-aid.

Another deal where that 6 or 8G for a type rating isn't working out too well!!

Not all type ratings cost 6 or 8 G's. Mine for example cost $0.

While there are quite a few here who did go out a buy a type....there are also quite a few here who paid what I paid for that type....$0

I guess it all evens out in the end ...but assume that everyone here bought a type....is incorrect.

Quick possibly dumb question for the experts here.
I just got back in the saddle after 13 months of furlough and
picked up a SIC type. On the application it asks for a/c that you are typed
in. Is this for only PIC types? This SIC thing on my certificate is new to me.
I haven't dug into the applications instructions yet but will on my next update.
Hoping to join the SWA club one day.......
Thanks,
Z.

Also, I was asking the SWA guys their opinion, not the haters out there their uninformed rants. Thanks to all the SWA folks for the info.

Hey moondick:
Maybe you can do some more of those "man favors" to pony up the $$ to pay for that type!:laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back