• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Tanker Clown said it on Flight Info it HAS to be true......

Unfortunately, I have to agree. This is why Carl K. said the furlough option was still on the table after the upcoming schedule reductions later this year. I think furlough is unlikely but it is an option that is being considered. Things could change but I just don't see it. Even with a new city or Canada announced. We have too many pilots right now period. These lower blocked lines and lack of extra flying have cost me and my brothers thousands. To hire in this current state would be irresponsible.

I agree, but to furlough would be a game changer for the whole company.

Just got done talking to one of the chiefs, and I asked him about the fall reduction. He said that it is a normal reduction of 2% and not the the 7% that happen when the economy tanked. Also the F word is not in the mix.

We all hope that hiring resumes soon. Good news is, as of 4-15-2010, you no longer have to carry your flight bag as an SWA Pilot. Jep ship sets on all our aircraft now. Good luck!

We all hope that hiring resumes soon. Good news is, as of 4-15-2010, you no longer have to carry your flight bag as an SWA Pilot. Jep ship sets on all our aircraft now. Good luck!

And we are not going to codeshare with WestJet anymore!

That makes more sense- if wn was going to furlough they'd have done it last fall- now the timing seems good once rnp is finished to take advantage of some new cities and opportunities- won't be explosive growth- but I'd bet we'll run a few classes before the year is done.

That makes more sense- if wn was going to furlough they'd have done it last fall- now the timing seems good once rnp is finished to take advantage of some new cities and opportunities- won't be explosive growth- but I'd bet we'll run a few classes before the year is done.

They had better get the line totals back up and Extra Fly, Daily, and Monthly OT back to normal levels before one new hire sets foot on property. I don't know how anyone can say we need to run some classes with the way things are now. I sit reserve on purpose and I very rarely fly. I have never seen it like this in the 6 years I have been here.

really? They "better"? Or what? You gonna quit?

Where are you based?
I've flown every day on reserve and can fly as much as I want on my off days- I think we'd all like to see the productivity of trips up, but in case it's been 6 years or never since your last airline gig- we're still way more productive than most places- ever do a 5 day that paid 18 hrs?

Latest resources

Back