• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They had better get the totals back up before we hire otherwise it's wasting productivity. We would not be realizing the efficiencies that we once had.

All my buds have taken a pay hit with the lower blocked lines and lack of OT. It's not just my base. They need to take care of those of us that are here on property first. Poolies are NOT employees yet. I want them here as much as anybody does but we need to get everyone's pay back up before we start emptying the pool.

Don't talk to me about other airlines. I've been at 4. One of them was a predominately long haul int'l carrier with a throw darts at a board business plan. Talk about wasted productivity...I've lived it.

I want us to hire as bad as anybody does. Problem is we are thick on pilots right now. Gary has said this, General Magill says it, Carl at SWAPA says it, and from my experience they are correct. Gary said this week on CNBC we are NOT going to hire. We are going to let attrition thin out the ranks. At the message to the field he said the same thing. He also laid out a revenue target that we have to hit before growth resumes. We are nowhere close.

That's a strange statement. I think it's safe to assume that we all want hiring- and all the factors that go along with it- meaning back to the old productivity and lean pilot force- where we 'need' to hire.

But there have been changes- more fudge factor in the schedules = less efficient. Older pilots = less efficient. Bigger, more delay prone airports = less efficient.

I trust our # crunchers know what they are doing and we're not going to start hiring wrecklessly.

They had better get the totals back up before we hire otherwise it's wasting productivity. We would not be realizing the efficiencies that we once had.

All my buds have taken a pay hit with the lower blocked lines and lack of OT. It's not just my base. They need to take care of those of us that are here on property first. Poolies are NOT employees yet. I want them here as much as anybody does but we need to get everyone's pay back up before we start emptying the pool.

Don't talk to me about other airlines. I've been at 4. One of them was a predominately long haul int'l carrier with a throw darts at a board business plan. Talk about wasted productivity...I've lived it.

I want us to hire as bad as anybody does. Problem is we are thick on pilots right now. Gary has said this, General Magill says it, Carl at SWAPA says it, and from my experience they are correct. Gary said this week on CNBC we are NOT going to hire. We are going to let attrition thin out the ranks. At the message to the field he said the same thing. He also laid out a revenue target that we have to hit before growth resumes. We are nowhere close.

Translation: I made it, pull the ladder up.

Pull the ladder up?

WN should run fat so that somebody else can have a job?

V
They had better get the line totals back up and Extra Fly, Daily, and Monthly OT back to normal levels before one new hire sets foot on property. I don't know how anyone can say we need to run some classes with the way things are now. I sit reserve on purpose and I very rarely fly. I have never seen it like this in the 6 years I have been here.

What r the normal levels of extra fly, dot and mot. Where r u based? I sit reserve and always fly. Unless u r a big time four striper. Lol let's hop we start doing something.Canada here we come !

If you guys want to fly then get off your A$$E$ and go fly! The flying is out there, but you have to get off FI and go get it. I've been called 3 times in the last 26 hours for JA. Stop talking about line totals and stop being lazy:)

Have you ever noticed that the best place to work today, is not necessarily the best place to work tomorrow? Hopefully Southwest does not become part of this list.

1) Braniff
2) PanAm
3) Eastern
4) TWA
5) United
6) Southwest

Rise and Fall of the Greats.

Maybe the Rise is complete and the Fall has begun??

Maybe the Rise is complete and the Fall has begun??

Maybe- and that's been predicted before. But not in my experience and certainly not if I can help it. I've had experience with most airlines in the country - my job security comes from how ethical our mgmt is and how much better we are at operating than everyone else. My passengers leave the plane happier than any other place I've worked.

I think as a pilot, you try and get hired at the company with the best management, then work hard and cross your fingers.

Time will tell- I hope GK has a master plan and isn't just paralyzed by numbers as an accountant- there is a lot of opportunity out there still

Latest resources

Back