• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My buddy is pretty in the know. He was a big wig in the union and told me he talks with the guy who runs all the pilots on a very regular basis. He also talks to Gary Kelly frequently as well. He even told me that if the company had kept growing, that he probably would have been an asst chief pilot by now. Hopefully it does start growing again, I'm sure with him pushing me I will just have to show up for the interview and go through the motions.

So the question is, who you are really going to be after you go through the so called motions? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

We start phase 4 of our RNP transition next month. Word is we'll be done by late Oct / early Nov timeframe. This added with the normal PT/PC training really takes up the bulk of our sim time. I would not say training runs hiring #s, but it does but a damper on hiring flexibility.

We have downgraded CA, and run a historically low paying schedules for all. We still have cuts to our "shoulder" flights, which makes commuting a pain in the arsh. But our flights are stuffed (as many of you know), ...

There are rumors of growing 10 aircraft this year (that is, to not retire 10 a/c and have effectively 10 more than last year). I had the aircraft schedule around here somewhere (can't find it now), but remember we are getting most a/c the last half of this year. Someone can probably tighten me up here. Though, we do still have jets in the desert, so unless there is a huge "previously" unannounced growth, ... it may be a little while still. We have a dozen or so "Freedom 09" guys still to retire this year. 2 more retreads this year, 6 next year than 14 total in 2012. 2013 (as everyone knows) is when age 65 finally catches up.

IMO, we will probably not hire this year. If we do, it may be a single class for the winter schedule / vacationers. I wish we'd hire 100 / month (or had the need to) and who knows this may all change by the time I finish this post and announce 10 cities, and 50 a/c growth schedule for the next year.

My buddy is pretty in the know. He was a big wig in the union and told me he talks with the guy who runs all the pilots on a very regular basis. He also talks to Gary Kelly frequently as well. He even told me that if the company had kept growing, that he probably would have been an asst chief pilot by now. Hopefully it does start growing again, I'm sure with him pushing me I will just have to show up for the interview and go through the motions.

Yeah we heard the story many posts ago, good luck with that award winning personality of yours. I hope you do better in an interview than you do on these pages, because on flight info most people tend to think you are tool material.

I'm going to laugh my a$$ off when you guys buy my beers. Maybe after you pick up the tab I'll ask you if you go on FI. Then suprise, suprise....you just bought the Clown beers. You guys will love me. Most people do.

Yeah we heard the story many posts ago, good luck with that award winning personality of yours. I hope you do better in an interview than you do on these pages, because on flight info most people tend to think you are tool material.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm pretty sure TC is already a SWA guy, just pretends not to be to get people spun up on here. Seems to work huh....

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm pretty sure TC is already a SWA guy, just pretends not to be to get people spun up on here. Seems to work huh....

See, I don't even have to interview. I just wonder if I can go right to the left seat. After 20+ in the military, I'm a little behind. BTW, are co pilots allowed into management positions?

TC -
After 20+ years of military service you are afforded a Check Airman position with the possibility of an Asst CP job within 6 months if all works out. WN will be sooo lucky to get an aviator of your caliber they'll literally beg you to work in DAL. Really though, are they worthy enough ?? Perhaps you ought to talk to the General about a prestigious position where you'll be able to share your skills and knowledge on the global stage. Either way, best of luck...

See, I don't even have to interview. I just wonder if I can go right to the left seat. After 20+ in the military, I'm a little behind. BTW, are co pilots allowed into management positions?

Just JC.......

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with a downgraded SW CA.

He said that he has been briefed that the company has been truing up the pilots' minimum monthly GT to the tune of $20 million/mo and that they are not going to continue much longer.

Furloughs expected in the fall.

He has already been approved for an open ended leave and is interviewing in China for an NG CA position.

Latest resources

Back