• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where are you people getting the idea we are going to hire? The line totals are still down. I am moving backwards in my base after the CA displacements. I have intentionally been sitting reserve and they are using reserves very little. There aint squat in Daily Open and Extra-fly compared to what it was before the cuts. I talked to Carl at the union meeting last month and the possibility of furloughs is still on the table when we have the fall cutbacks take effect.

So what! They are VJA'ing and JA'ing in Vegas on the weekends. That is viewed as normal for this company. When they start involuntary JA'ing in all bases on most every day of the week then they will consider maybe running a class or two. Until then, they aint going to hire anyone. Wish I had better news...but jeez come on.

Did I hear 20 guy's out of phx retiring in May?

Same crowd was just as confident that there would be furloughs and no classes just before my class date.

Keep an ear to the ground- but don't go on the emotional roller coaster with these guys.

Oh- and save money-

Same crowd was just as confident that there would be furloughs and no classes just before my class date.

Keep an ear to the ground- but don't go on the emotional roller coaster with these guys.

Oh- and save money-

And don't forget to add the Clown to your ignore list.

Oh- and save money-

Yup, you'll need it to pay for training!:laugh:

Did I hear 20 guy's out of phx retiring in May?

20 guys? In one month? In one base? Hope you didn't bet on that.

We had about 13 TOTAL PILOTS SYSTEM WIDE take the "early out" that was offered last year. About 6 of those were FO's. The deadline for that is this month or next.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back