• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a link from a guy who might know a thing or two about Southwest hiring plans. His name is Gary Kelly, and I guess he's kinda a big deal at SWA. He says no hiring this year and in fact the number of employees will shrink through attriton.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/compon...s.cnbc.com/stickers/partners/cnbcplayershare/

Wow, and not 7 or 8 posts ago you were saying your buddy with the crystal ball is saying there is gonna be a furlough. Gosh, I just can't decide who to believe...

This industry runs on smoke and mirrors. No one is gonna show their hand to the other players until it's time to call. There could be unannounced new cities late this year or even the first part of next year. Dare I even say, maybe Canada. :eek:

The point is GK nor anyone at SWA is gonna let out what the future plans are until things are all but set in stone. Either way the last people to know will be any of us or your buddy for that matter.

SLC
:cool:

I think we can all agree that a furlough is probably more likely than a new hire class. I hope I'm wrong, but you have to agree, when you're 300-500 fat in pilots and are going to cut the schedule again in August....I think that definitally says no new hires...and depending on when you would add capacity back....maybe a furlough would be advantagous.

I think we can all agree that a furlough is probably more likely than a new hire class. I hope I'm wrong, but you have to agree, when you're 300-500 fat in pilots and are going to cut the schedule again in August....I think that definitally says no new hires...and depending on when you would add capacity back....maybe a furlough would be advantagous.

So are your facts right, I don't think so. Who do you really know at SWA? The first question is when does RNP step 4 training start. What is the actual number of aircraft being used in May compared to Sept. Does this include the massive change in technology the scheduling and planning department has gone through, I don't think so. Your numbers are off. Think more productive my friend.

Hey My Brother!!!!!!!!

The Rj is k!cking A$$!!! You wanna meet up for some beers sometime??

Ill be doing some Texas flying soon!

KIT and PM me!

CYA

So are your facts right, I don't think so. Who do you really know at SWA? The first question is when does RNP step 4 training start. What is the actual number of aircraft being used in May compared to Sept. Does this include the massive change in technology the scheduling and planning department has gone through, I don't think so. Your numbers are off. Think more productive my friend.

My friend was a big time union officer and now is VERY tight with managment (he's probably on the short list for a Chief Pilot job or at least check airman). He told me this whole RNP training doesn't matter since you do it in addition to your normal schedule. He told me that the plan was to cut the flying in August some time and then maybe again in the winter.

My friend was a big time union officer and now is VERY tight with managment (he's probably on the short list for a Chief Pilot job or at least check airman). He told me this whole RNP training doesn't matter since you do it in addition to your normal schedule. He told me that the plan was to cut the flying in August some time and then maybe again in the winter.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. This is why Carl K. said the furlough option was still on the table after the upcoming schedule reductions later this year. I think furlough is unlikely but it is an option that is being considered. Things could change but I just don't see it. Even with a new city or Canada announced. We have too many pilots right now period. These lower blocked lines and lack of extra flying have cost me and my brothers thousands. To hire in this current state would be irresponsible.

Here's a link from a guy who might know a thing or two about Southwest hiring plans. His name is Gary Kelly, and I guess he's kinda a big deal at SWA. He says no hiring this year and in fact the number of employees will shrink through attriton.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/compon...s.cnbc.com/stickers/partners/cnbcplayershare/

I say SWA is going to hire. Who you going to believe the guy playing Texas Hold-em( telling what his hand is) , or the commentator saying what cards will be played next. :)

Latest resources

Back