• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies - Hiring to Start

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to be an A$$ but...Could it be for a training float?

Hope it wont be one.

Doubtful, since currently every SWA pilot is qualified on every SWA aircraft, there's really nothing to "float." The RNP training we've been doing for the last year is the closest thing we've had to a training float, and it will be wrapping up in December. Yes, yes, yes I know....the 717s are now in the mix, but way too early to tell what will happen to them and how long before they are fully integrated into the operation (company is saying two years).

Because those in charge of hiring weren't told of the impending merger. THAT'S how you keep a secret.

"Today, in fact, buoyed by our increased 2011 profit outlook that AirTran brings, Mike Van de Ven, our Chief Operating Officer, is announcing new hire classes for Pilots and Flight Attendants. That, in and of itself, is very exciting because that's the first time we've hired since 2008."

That is from Garry

So if the merger goes thru, do the current AirTran pilots who are flying the 717 still have to go and pay for their own 73 type in order to stay employed? Will SWA keep the 717?

Anyone know if they're going to open the app window for this?

Good question--- and poolies- please keep us up on what you hear from the PD- thx- and hope to see you on line soon

Got a text from a good friend in training. The Dir of Flt Ops came in to talk to the group and told them 2 classes of about 20 each in January. Also said that the 717 was staying around.

Doubtful, since currently every SWA pilot is qualified on every SWA aircraft, there's really nothing to "float." The RNP training we've been doing for the last year is the closest thing we've had to a training float, and it will be wrapping up in December. Yes, yes, yes I know....the 717s are now in the mix, but way too early to tell what will happen to them and how long before they are fully integrated into the operation (company is saying two years).

Airtran is hiring 12 a month till March. We r getting 2 717s this year and 4 737s 1st and second quarter next year. We have hired around 70 pilots this year since the economic meltdown.

The leases on the 717s are up starting in 2015-2017. The merger will hopefully be done before that. There are other issues with the 717s. We r the only operator now that Mexicana is in bankruptcy. They had 25 717s. Not sure what kind of dealings with Boeing will happen about them. Beyond my paygrade, but I know that Boeing did not want us to be the sole operator of 717s.

Airtran is hiring 12 a month till March. We r getting 2 717s this year and 4 737s 1st and second quarter next year. We have hired around 70 pilots this year since the economic meltdown.

The leases on the 717s are up starting in 2015-2017. The merger will hopefully be done before that. There are other issues with the 717s. We r the only operator now that Mexicana is in bankruptcy. They had 25 717s. Not sure what kind of dealings with Boeing will happen about them. Beyond my paygrade, but I know that Boeing did not want us to be the sole operator of 717s.

Hawaiian Air has 15 717.

Latest resources

Back