• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That list will become a "Do not hire" list if it makes it into any offices at Airtran, Alaska, Frontier, and maybe Jetlbue. It would probably give the folks at DAL and CAL pause too.

Want to F- your buddy? Send it out there...so it can wind up at other HR offices.

A honest mistake? Maybe. A way to keep discouraged poolies from applying other places? Hmmmm. Might want to get a new email before you throw any more apps out.

Sorry for those of you getting tired of treading water. Hope the calls come despite age 65. That great SWA spirit will come in handy as you wait for your call...

The email and list were already posted on our message board. I've actually seen it, so I am sure others have too and probably made copies.

This seems like a pretty big mistake to make. I agree that it might be a quasi Do Not Hire list. If they did it on purpose, that really sucks big time.

Sorry to see Southwest has resorted to these tactics.

You can all probably apply to CAL though. All you need is a pulse for that place. LOL

I have two buds in the SWA pool and are already flying for other airlines (DAL & CAL) so I'm not really sure if it's a big deal if you applied or are in the pool at SWA and looking for employment. They made it seam like it was a non factor.

The good news for you guys is the guy at CAL is going to stay, so you can take one off the list. But he was going to put a rec in for me. Dang.

If someone were to post that list somwhere, the are a dumb SOB, and and for my sake and everyone else on the list I hope this isn't true.. I have worked hard to keep my email off of spam lists, And I sure don't want it on any spam list, or any other list, other then the WN pool list. If someone were to post this list, I would hope their actions got back to the folks at the PD.

I agree, protect the list. I'm not buying the Do Not Hire List conspiracy theory. Anyway, whadya think . . . is it in order of pool date or interview date? Is the Jan. 9 class already removed?

is it in order of pool date or interview date? Is the Jan. 9 class already removed?

My guess is interview date. Unless their system is extrememly automated, I can't see them editing the pool distro list every time someone calls in with a type completion date.

Of course this theory is most beneficial to me, so that's why I'm going with it!

I would bet this is the pool order...All the guys I interviewed with are next to me on the list, and A friend of mine got his type a few days later and the times line up. The question is for the 9 Jan class--are you guys still on this list???

It's interview date if you had the type on that day. If not, you are placed in line when you show them that you have the type rating. Having the type before the interview is really gonna pay off for some of you. Be patient and enjoy the holidays. Who knows what the new year will bring?

Good to see the PD department of a cutting edge airline doesn't understand what BCC means....
A honest mistake? Maybe. A way to keep discouraged poolies from applying other places? Hmmmm.
That great SWA spirit will come in handy as you wait for your call...

Albie, get over it. Maybe they just thought that it would be nice for the poolies to know where they stand? Sounds like the girls in the People Dept were just trying to be nice and keep the info flowing. I can tell you for sure that I in no way could ever believe that this was done with anything in mind other than trying to be helpful.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back