• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"adjusting the number" sounds like some folks have left the pool, or military commitments have changed the availability for some. anyones guess at this point. Just hoping for another class confirmation.

My buddy told my just under 20 guys over 60 have applied to come back. I'm not sure if they have to interview or SWA will just hire them. I'm not sure they'd even have to go to class. Perhaps that's why stuff is in flux.

Do you think they are adjusting for people leaving the pool to go elsewhere or adjusting to bring the retired guys back??

I bet it's to bring the retired guys back although they have to reinterview and that hasn't begun yet. I heard they have around 15-20 that have already applied to return.

I talked to my chief pilot today. He said that there is no plan to interview as of now for 2008. The class on the 9th has 19 new hires and 1 FO that has been out on medical leave. I believe he was on probation and he is required to go back through the full new hire course. The last he heard was possibly 100-125 new hires this year.

All right looks like more and more treading....

When they all figure it out, if someone on the inside could post how they're going to handle these old guys. I think a lot of us would appreciate it. I know we won't like it, but at least we know and can have the perspective. thanks.

Hope you guys didn't quit your day jobs. Delta and NWA are hiring. That might be an OK place to kill some time and pick up insurance for the fam until your time in the SWA pool is over.

Why anybody would sit in a pool that long just to fly a 737 is beyond me. The emb-145 is more advanced airplane than the 737.

Southwest is a good company, but come on already. What is the deal with flying a 737 for a hundred legs a week?

Get with the program. LOL

Why anybody would sit in a pool that long just to fly a 737 is beyond me. The emb-145 is more advanced airplane than the 737.

Southwest is a good company, but come on already. What is the deal with flying a 737 for a hundred legs a week?

Get with the program. LOL

It's not the airplane, but it IS the company. I have tried very hard to find an unhappy SWA employee, but so far, I haven't. That's not to say there aren't any, but I have met a whole lot more unhappy people at the other companies. I know times are changing, but I am willing to swim for a while more to work for a company like SWA. Hopefully those of us swimming can support our familes the time being while we patiently wait for what I know will be the best job of our aviation career. Good luck to us all.

It's not the airplane, but it IS the company. I have tried very hard to find an unhappy SWA employee, but so far, I haven't. That's not to say there aren't any, but I have met a whole lot more unhappy people at the other companies. I know times are changing, but I am willing to swim for a while more to work for a company like SWA. Hopefully those of us swimming can support our familes the time being while we patiently wait for what I know will be the best job of our aviation career. Good luck to us all.
There were 224 on the FI list on 3-28-03, Bake was interviewed 1-1-01 and class date of 1-6-03, my guess is the 224+ guys in that pool are a very happy bunch today.

Latest resources

Back