Swa Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey poolies,

I spoke to 2 chf pilots this past week, both told me that there would be 3 classes in Jan with 24 in each class. I was in the last class of 2007, so I hope you guys all get onboard- now.

I hope this is accurate, for they have no reason to give me bad info. So, the phone calls offering classdates should be coming soon.

Good luck to you all, and hope to see you on-line soon.

cheers,
NAV

Great news, FlyByNav--- I hope that's how it pans out! In the deep end of the pool myself (or is it the shallow end if I'm furthest away from the drain?)

Question--does anybody know how junior MCO is for crew bases? Not concerned about getting a line there--reserve is fine as long as I can be home soon after training...

Some newhires have gone there recently but LAS changes everything out west...I guess one or two months...3 tops, but that is a SWAG

Hey, I just got a nice Turkey Day greeting from SWA in my email. What a nice surprise, made my day!

Some newhires have gone there recently but LAS changes everything out west...I guess one or two months...3 tops, but that is a SWAG

That's right along the lines of what I was thinking/hoping for... Truth be told, I'll be more than happy to dry off from this pool even for LAS... As long as it's not for a CRJ in LAX as one of the other threads would have you believe!

Most junior guy in MCO was a july new hire... the bid for Jan. has MCO as -7....but depending on when you actually get a class lots can change. Either way Welcome! Hope you get to class soon

Hey poolies,

I spoke to 2 chf pilots this past week, both told me that there would be 3 classes in Jan with 24 in each class. I was in the last class of 2007, so I hope you guys all get onboard- now.

I hope this is accurate, for they have no reason to give me bad info. So, the phone calls offering classdates should be coming soon.

Good luck to you all, and hope to see you on-line soon.

cheers,
NAV

Thanks for the info. I hope it turns out to be true. I am starting to go crazy with the wait. I've been unemployed from the AF for 2 months and I'm ready to get started. I should be in the 2nd class, so mid January would great!

Calls for classes go out a month in advance so maybe the first week of Dec for the first class???

I hope that is true! Some calls next month for classes will make a lot of our holidays a lot more special...

Lets keep our fingers crossed. Happy Thanksgiving poolies!

Just talked to Matt in PD, they still don't have the schedule for 08. They should have it next week. I guess his boss (whoever that is) is putting a lot of pressure on the flight department to give them the schedule for next year.

Just talked to PD today as well and was told I'm on the cusp between being in the 2nd and 3rd classes. I'm #12 on our pool list here so hopefully others can figure out where they might stand.

I can also confirm what obadie said as I was told they hope to know more next week about January and they are hoping for 3 classes.

Hope everyone is swimming well.....

Latest resources

Back