• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pool IV Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tanker it has said "mil soon to be civ in" your profile for awhile now. Do you have plans to get out anythime soon?

Trying to get clarification from a furlough assistance guy at my airline who talked to a SWA hiring member.

Guys hired not in class will be put in a pool.

Hiring will end soon.

Of course, this isn't official from SWA as their take is two in September and we'll know more 4 weeks before another class. They also say classes will be end of 4th quarter this year, first of next, but they have been saying that since day one while internal emails are saying two a month. Believe me, I want to start right away and don't want to give out bad info. I am just trying to fill the void from credible sources that usually are pretty correct.

Let's hope that RNP training and the current shortage of pilots at SWA (as "perceived" by some) is enough to keep it going.

Big, good luck with the wait, but I don't think it will be as long as some might have you believe. PM me and I'll tell you what I know. I'll see you in Dallas soon.

Tanker it has said "mil soon to be civ in" your profile for awhile now. Do you have plans to get out anythime soon?

Took the 20 yr bonus when no one was hiring. Got a while to go before I start at SWA. I'll probably be in class with MIL17GUY when classes start back up.

remember all in january-- you had tanker going nuts about 2010 for class dates--- and now that entire pool is in class or online-
just be cool- you have no control over the rest of the process- be ready for a long sit- and then it's just nice if it happens sooner. I hope it does.
Richard- wow... don't stress about reserve-- 15 days off - for so many friends- their life on reserve is way better than most airlines

Since Pool III is just about drained and we may be pooling up again if classes do stop after September, I figured starting another pool thread might help keep the newest group in the loop.

Name Pool Date

Bigoober July 10

Bigdave July 30

Had a new hire in the jumpseat yesterday and he said there is going to be 1 class in october. Funny how we get all our info from them. I dont think we're understaffed, though. The last thing I read from the union was that we are slightly overstaffed.

Which source? That hiring will stop or that it will continue at 2 classes per month and end in the 4th or 1st quarter.

Thanks

I don't know if SW is still interviewing/hiring but it sounds like the 2 classes per month through the end of the year won't be happening as it currently stands. The two classes in September still look good to cover vacations over the holidays.

I'm trusting this info as it is coming from two completely different sources that I trust within SWA.

I think SWA is doing this for all the right reasons although it wasn't broadcast too well to the pilot group from my understanding. Victors, from the latest email chain, I would say you are correct with the overstaffing. The understaffing came from a friend who may just be looking at it subjectively.

Name..............................................Pool Date

Bigoober..........................................July 10
Bigdave...........................................July 30

Last edited:
Interview date if you have the type already. Type date for those that received the offer without the type.

Latest resources

Back