• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Name..............................................Pool Date

Bigoober..........................................July 10
Bigdave...........................................July 30

Name..............................................Pool Date...........Class Date

Bigoober.......................................... July 10
Bigdave........................................... July 30
Dick Gozinya..................................... July 8.................Sept 17

Part of SWAPA pres blog:

So what does it really mean to us? 190 flights will be removed from the schedule effective with the January 11th schedule. The newswire stories have stated a 6% capacity reduction. However, the Company is stating it is really slightly over a 4% capacity reduction. Additionally, with the March 4, 2009 schedule, capacity will begin to be reintroduced into the schedule as loads dictate. Most of the flights that are being removed from the schedule are early morning and late evening flights which have been poor performing flights for some time. In other words we have been losing money on these flights for quite a while…a lot of money. The amount of money (confidential) the Company feels that we can save in 1Q09 with this reduction is staggering if they are correct. But there is an impact to our pilot group.
The Company is estimating that January and February ’09 monthly bid line averages will decline by approximately one trip for pay. I would also expect less open time available than normal for these two months. Typically January and February have less open time to begin with. But in this instance I would expect even less than normal open time to be available. Both of these estimates at this point are just that, an estimate. The pilot schedule has not been built and will not for a couple of months. Obviously if we have too many pilots on property for the flying available, our income will decline. To stem the possibility of overstaffing and diluted trip totals, I asked the Company to immediately reevaluate hiring needs. In response to that request the Company has decided that we will have no classes beyond September unless demands dictate otherwise. There are two classes in September that will go ahead and run as planned. Those classes are to cover additional vacations through the holidays. This will provide adequate staffing through the holidays (an important QOL issue) but will create a small overstaffing situation in 1Q09.
Additionally, life will get more difficult for our commuters who typically use these flights for commuting. We have had discussions already this week with the Company to ease the burden and difficulty of commuting. We’ll provide more information when it becomes available. Please check the schedule for January and plan accordingly.
Many of you have asked what impact this will have on codesharing. There is no fleet reduction planned with this capacity reduction. The Company will be in compliance with the growth metrics in SL 32 year end 2008. The Company will also be in compliance with language tentatively agreed in our contract negotiations with respect to growth and codesharing. Compliance for 2009 growth requirements in our language will be evaluated when yearend 2009 fleet totals are known.
In closing, let me be clear. It appears that this apacity reduction will be short in duration. That is to be determined however. Capacity at this point will begin to be reintroduced in March but I do not believe we will see an immediate 4+% capacity increase in March. It will be slow and deliberate unless circumstances change.

Last edited:
Name..............................................Pool Date...........Class Date

Bigoober.......................................... July 10
Bigdave........................................... July 30
Dick Gozinya..................................... July 8.................Sept 17

congrats DG!

Dick Gozinya......................................July 8................Sept 17
Bigoober...........................................July 10
4 Fan Trashcan.................................July 22
Bigdave............................................July 30

Whats the latest time frame anyone had to wait to get their references called after the interview?

I've heard anywhere from 1.5 weeks to no references called and they still got hired. Any truth to this?

Obviously hearing is the best thing, but if you don't should one assume you aren't getting hired?

I'm in the Sept decision board, assuming I passed the interview.

Latest resources

Back