SWA Pool IV Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where do you come up with this stuff???

My Check Airman buddy told me that was talking to someone back at the headquarters told him that when he was doing checkrides in Dallas. He goes down to Dallas every month or so, and he said the folks in the training department told him the same as well.

My Check Airman buddy told me that was talking to someone back at the headquarters told him that when he was doing checkrides in Dallas. He goes down to Dallas every month or so, and he said the folks in the training department told him the same as well.

So why would you continue interviewing? If the company was 100% convinced that they weren't going to have another class for 2-3 years, why go through all the trouble?

They probably want a group of folks on hand if oil drops to $50/bbl, a major carrier goes Ch 7, or maybe if the contract gets signed. If any of those things happen, 0 growth could go to 8% in an instant.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one that pushed for age 65 or told SWA not to add a single jet for '09.

If I were in this next...and last class here in Sept, I'd get real comfortable with OAK. Your going to be there on reserve for maybe a year or so.

The most un-informed folks at any airlline=check airmen.

I just got done talking to a check airman who asked, "Heard any rumours?"

Well, he's fairly in the loop. He was told that if a domocile opens at DIA then he will be on a very short list to be an Asst Chief Plt.

I'm just relaying what I was told. His stuff is pretty good, but he did say that they change their mind on a dime.

That's a pretty bold statement. I'd be carefull, you never know when a guy from the headquarters is monitoring this board. I hear the guy in charge of new hire training monitors this forum and another one that only SWA guys are one. They say he just goes by his first initial and last name. Don't know if it's true or not, but that's why I'm saying that it's bold to call a senior check pilot a "tool and clueless."

Latest resources

Back