• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pool IV Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fool....lots of CAPS and lots of exclaimation points don't help get your point across.

Now, back to the thread. Good luck to all who are still waiting and congrats to those who have already gotten the call.

LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD , MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
"Just do not expect much when you get here."

Yeah, don't expect much at SWA fool!

Don't expect to get furloughed, maybe more than once like many other pilots hired at other airlines in the last 10 years have. Don't expect to get downgraded like many have. Don't expect to give back 33% or more of your pay like many have. Don't expect to get an ulcer and losing sleep as you worry about where your company is headed under bankruptcy. Don't expect a new letter in your company mailbox every two months or so announcing huge increases in health insurance rates or that you now are only getting half pay for deadheads or for training. Yep, don't expect too much! Pretty boring at ol' SWA.

There is a fringe, wacky, ignorant, very minority group of pilots at SWA. This character obviously is one, confirmed by his adoration of PPrune. The Southwest Pilot's PPrune section has, over time, locked out every single pilot who wasn't radical enough to suit the forum moderator. If you came to the company's or union's defense a few times too often...boom, you got locked out under the guise of breaking of forum rules. Also, if someone posted something that painted the company in a bad light but you posted the other side of the story -- boom, locked out! It's happened to dozens of SWA pilots. (yes, if you defended the union too much- the union isn't radical and demanding enough for these nut cases). Many SWA pilots enjoy reading PPrune in the same way you might enjoy reading the comic strips. Occasionaly the PPrune forum posts an on-line survey of issues which are to be voted on by SWAPA members. To show you how wacky the PPrune fanatics are, the results of the actual vote or election are nearly always 100% opposite of the PPrune survey results. Of course total participation on the PPrune surveys is about 200 pilots vice the 5700 total SWA pilots. Many of these guys are simply angry people -- there is nothing that would make them happy. As one guy described them - they'll be complaining about their coffins as they're lowered into the ground.

The small amount of code sharing that SWA has done, and will do, makes sense. Unlike other airlines, SWA has not, nor will it, give away routes that it presently flies. This is not a time to be taking risks. Let the code share fill our airplanes with more people (i.e more money) so we can increase flying in our present markets or enter markets that make sense for SWA. If SWA finds the code share markets work, out, SWA may later do some of that flying. The SWA pilot's contract has, and will have, some of the most, if not THE most restrictve language on code share of any airline.

Last edited:
LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD , MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanker Clown called. He wants to know if you can write him a rec letter.

Now back to the thread. If you got a call, look for an email in the coming weeks. Drug tests then the wait. PD has stayed in contact as advertised.

Mach 80 I agree pprune is not a representation of SWA, if it were we would have elected a new president. Last year we said we were not hiring and we ended up hiring more than we anticipated. The sky is not falling, yes the upgrades are not going to be under ten years for new hires. Then again ...

There is a fringe, wacky, very minority group of pilots at SWA. This character obviously is one, confirmed by his adoration of PPrune. The Southwest Pilot's PPrune section has, over time, locked out every single pilot who wasn't radical enough to suit the forum moderator. If you came to the company's or union's defense a few times too often...boom, you got locked out under the guise of breaking of forum rules. Also, if someone posted something that painted the company in a bad light but you posted the other side of the story -- boom, locked out! It's happened to dozens of SWA pilots. (yes, if you defended the union too much- the union isn't radical and demanding enough for these nut cases). Many SWA pilots enjoy reading PPrune in the same way you might enjoy reading the comic strips. Occasionaly the PPrune forum posts an on-line survey of issues which are to be voted on by SWAPA members. To show you how wacky the PPrune fanatics are, the results of the actual vote or election are nearly always 100% opposite of the PPrune survey results. Of course total participation on the PPrune surveys is about 200 pilots vice the 5700 total SWA pilots. Many of these guys are simply angry people -- there is nothing would make them happy. As one guy described them - they'll be complaining about their coffins as they're lowered into the ground.

The small amount of code sharing that SWA has done, and will do, makes sense. Unlike other airlines, SWA has not, nor will it, give away routes that it presently flies. This is not a time to be taking risks on new markets. Let the code share fill our airplanes with more people (i.e more money) so we can increase flying in our present markets or enter markets that make sense for SWA. The SWA pilot's contract has, and will have, some of the most, if not THE most restrictve language on code share of any airline.

Now we have to hear from someone else who does not want people to know what is going on at Southwest. SWA is a great place to work, but things have changed a lot in just the last several years.
1. Not one airline has failed. At least 4 airlines should have failed after 9/11. Is this a free market or not? The should government had no business guaranteeing loans to failing airlines!
2. Changing a rule that had been in place for 50 years that just benefits the old guys at the top who have already had great careers. Especially the way it was put in to place overnight with no phase in period. Typical of the Baby boomers! The old guys whined SO load and often when they were out at 60 and now they complain when guys complain about no movement and the age change. Hypocrites!!
3. Gary has decided it is better to "grow" SWA by code sharing. We have been in negotiation for over two years and the only section we had finished the first 9 months was scope. Now the company wants to go back and get relief from that section ,but does not want to give us any thing in the contract that will cost them one penny. I understand times are tough,but this is not how things would be run if Herb were still running things. It is easy to enjoy the status quo when you are a Captain!

And finally, Mach 80 is right not many of our pilots are on Pprune, but waht he says about getting locked out is B.S. In fact , I would say EVERYTHING Mach 80 says is B.S. He is probably some guy who got lucky and got on with SWA , upgraded quick and now he thinks every one should see things through his rose colered glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think YOU are the one that NEEDS to see what is going on !

Nothing good going on at SWA, unless you like giving our flying to Westjet and trying to get us to change our code share agreement.

Quit drinking the koolaid and start reading pprune

What is your name on pprune..it is the same 6 idiots crying over there. I post there under a different name...have some balls and post your crap on the swapa forum. I do there under my real name...quit hiding under the sheets and put your views with a name there...

Don't expect to get furloughed, maybe more than once like many other pilots hired at other airlines in the last 10 years have. Don't expect to get downgraded like many have. Don't expect to give back 33% or more of your pay like many have. Don't expect to get an ulcer and losing sleep as you worry about where your company is headed under bankruptcy. Don't expect a new letter in your company mailbox every two months or so announcing huge increases in health insurance rates or that you now are only getting half pay for deadheads or for training. Yep, don't expect too much! Pretty boring at ol' SWA.

None of this has happened YET !!!!!!! I expect during my 20 plus years one or more will happen at SWA ! Ike was telling us that age 65 would not delay our upgrades. Also , I believe he said we would not delay aircraft because they never had in the past. Both of those were wrong!!!
Like I said, never believe anything someone tells you that is senior to you.

I hope I wrong! I think SWA is a great company! But , with no airlines going out of business and the econmony slowing things could get really bad in the airline industry.

Mach 80 is just another pilot who knows NOTHING!!

What is your name on pprune..it is the same 6 idiots crying over there. I post there under a different name...have some balls and post your crap on the swapa forum. I do there under my real name...quit hiding under the sheets and put your views with a name there...

I 'll give you one guess what my name is on pprune ! It is basically the same as it is on flighinfo.

By the way I do post SWAPA forum. I am not hiding under anything. I am not afraid of you in any way. I do not see you posting your name on pprune or flighinfo. Send me a pm if you you want.

I do not want to waste too much of my time ar arguing with you.

Like I said, never believe anything someone tells you that is senior to you.

quote]

Well you fit that category so I won't believe a thing you say...no prob.

have a nice day....by the way I do agree with you on some of your views...but I think you may be crying wolf a little early....who did you vote for CK or JH...I voted for JH for the record.

Fool,

My brother. I can completely understand your frustration. It's hard to swallow when your career expectations change in the middle of the game. It seems in the past few years the words "career expectations" have been a moving target.

I am pretty vocal about Garys vison as I see it too. I'm not going to dump on you for vocalizing your frustration. What I would hope you do is to communicate with the dudes you fly with so that they might better understand the other side of that coin. We have an incredible amount of apathy here. Too many retirement jobs or beer money flying. Too many "just damn glad to be here." I too have 25 to go plan on doing it in Red Bellied Money Makers.

If you are still an FO hang tough. You didn't ask for the delayed upgrade but I've got news for you. My best bud has been at United for 10 years and he's looking at another furlough. Chew on that for a moment.

Take a breath. Relax. And enjoy flying at the best airline I know of. In the meantime discuss freely your opinions with you flying buds so that maybe you can both teach and learn.

Gup

p.s. BTW. I'm a captain and I'll do your cockpit setup for you anytime while you call your stock broker.

Latest resources

Back