• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pool IV Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone had their recs called from Oct interviews?
Nov 17 DB
Friend of mine interviewed on Oct 6. I was a rec for him but have not been called. Don't think that's a good sign. :(

They started calling mine pretty quick after the interview. They only called about half of them though. Basically only the ones I had flown with. I have heard that just because they don't call them doesn't mean you won't get the job.

Keep the faith

Raider

We rarely have classes in the latter part of the year to start with..... and...... with a 6% reduction in our flight schedule coming in January I'd say you'll be lucky to be in class by July.

Now then. That being said if gas stays cheap and the bookings look up I'd suspect we'd hire 500 next year.

Gup

As of Monday, hiring looks slim to none for 8-12 months. Looks like we will be overstaffed for the first quarter. This is all subject to change pending fuel prices, economy, and how many return from military leave.

They started calling mine pretty quick after the interview. They only called about half of them though. Basically only the ones I had flown with. I have heard that just because they don't call them doesn't mean you won't get the job.

Keep the faith

Raider
Wilco. Best of luck to you.

W-a-B

A few of mine were called shortly after my early Oct interview. Eagerly awaiting the Nov DB...

As of Monday, hiring looks slim to none for 8-12 months. Looks like we will be overstaffed for the first quarter. This is all subject to change pending fuel prices, economy, and how many return from military leave.

Boy if I said this, you guys would poo yourselves. BTW, I'm hearing that due to being overstaffed thsi winter, that there probably won't be a newhire class until Oct '09 at the earliest.

Latest resources

Back