• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pool IV Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So guys, what happens next? I got the call last Thursday and was told that the People Dept. would be contacting me in a week or two. What happens next for us "poolies"? When/how do we find out where we are in the pool? Is there an official letter we get or any type of paperwork? I've been on cloud nine for 4 days now and i'm starting to get parinoid that it was all just a dream! I need something concrete in my hands like a letter or something!

Can anyone shed some light on the process?

So guys, what happens next? I got the call last Thursday and was told that the People Dept. would be contacting me in a week or two. What happens next for us "poolies"? When/how do we find out where we are in the pool? Is there an official letter we get or any type of paperwork? I've been on cloud nine for 4 days now and i'm starting to get parinoid that it was all just a dream! I need something concrete in my hands like a letter or something!

Congrats TV9 and everyone else. I went into the pool in Jun 07 so I can tell you my experience but it might have changed a bit.

The PD will call but probably wont have a lot of info or much for you to do since no classes are planned right now. They will only give you a ballpark figure on where you fall in the pool. Something like " you are 3 or 4 classes away". When they start to run classes and get close to your number you will go do a drug test and they will send you a bunch or paperwork to fill out. As far as getting anything in the mail you will recieve the company magazine in the mail every month along with a little update letter and cards around the holidays and on your birthday.

It may seem like a long wait but it could change rapidly and you will be in class before you know it.
Hope this info helps.

Sounds familiar :) You won't get anything concrete, although the PD will eventually contact you via letter or email. If nothing else, they will send you a monthly "poolie" letter with a copy of LUV Lines attached. Nor will they tell you your place in the pool, although they will let you know approximately how many classes away you stand. Hope this helps.

Congrats all!

The waitinng is not over. A lot of variables play into the hiring plans over the next 12-24 months. The election will likely have an impact oupon the number of pilots out on military leave (100+?). The economic downturn will have a negative effect lon oads but may reveal some excellent growth opportunities. The RNP training will task the training capabilities of the company at times.

What does it all mean? We may hire 40 or 400 next year. Be patient, do your present job as well as you can, and we'll see you when we see you.

With no growth next year ,getting rid of a/c , cutting flights and the fact that we are over staffed it will not be long until the layoffs start!!!!!!!!

JUST THE FACTS !!

SWA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE!!!!

You are looking at a 10 to 15 year upgrade without the layoffs!!

The company is more interested in code sharing than growing. Company is different now that Herb is not running things. Gary only cares about making the numbers work. He is not willing to take ANY risks!!

I suggest you apply somewhere else or better still , get a new job track !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With no growth next year ,getting rid of a/c , cutting flights and the fact that we are over staffed it will not be long until the layoffs start!!!!!!!!

JUST THE FACTS !!

SWA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE!!!!

You are looking at a 10 to 15 year upgrade without the layoffs!!

The company is more interested in code sharing than growing. Company is different now that Herb is not running things. Gary only cares about making the numbers work. He is not willing to take ANY risks!!

I suggest you apply somewhere else or better still , get a new job track !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better call clearskies....get off the drugs.....

You better call clearskies....get off the drugs.....

I think YOU are the one that NEEDS to see what is going on !

Nothing good going on at SWA, unless you like giving our flying to Westjet and trying to get us to change our code share agreement.

Quit drinking the koolaid and start reading pprune

I agree with you. Being a new hire at Southwest is probably not what it used to be. Where would you recommend going though? UPS and Fedex are not hiring. The new Delta will probably be the next best passenger carrier to work for, but they are not hiring. Southwest still pays better than Delta for at least the next four years. Southwest is a hell of a lot better than the regionals.

I agree with you. Being a new hire at Southwest is probably not what it used to be. Where would you recommend going though? UPS and Fedex are not hiring. The new Delta will probably be the next best passenger carrier to work for, but they are not hiring. Southwest still pays better than Delta for at least the next four years. Southwest is a hell of a lot better than the regionals.

I agree that there are not any good options in aviation right now. Age 65 and no airlines allowed to go out of business are killing things. Just do not expect much when you get here.

Just PLEASE DO NOT listen to ANY Captain on their views on ANYTHING! They have no clue about how things are at SWA now and most important: They DO NOT CARE ! They just want thier fo's to do ALL the work keep their mouths shut !
Have fun!!!! The baby boomers are KILLING this industry and the whole country!!!

Fool....lots of CAPS and lots of exclaimation points don't help get your point across.

Now, back to the thread. Good luck to all who are still waiting and congrats to those who have already gotten the call.

Latest resources

Back