• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
for what its worth i was in class in sept 07. i was in mdw for my first month (nov) and oakland for the next 5, vegas for the next 2 (may and june) and finally got mdw again for july. All reserve except for the first month! If you want any of the east coast bases plan on being on reserve for a year unless things change.

for what its worth i was in class in sept 07. i was in mdw for my first month (nov) and oakland for the next 5, vegas for the next 2 (may and june) and finally got mdw again for july. All reserve except for the first month! If you want any of the east coast bases plan on being on reserve for a year unless things change.

How long to just hold reserve in Houston? Would all the east coast people bid Hou because it would be a quicker commute/

Little birdie just told me that there will be three classes in July as well. Welcome.

interview updates anyone? how soon before the actual interview date do calls/emails typically go out with the invite? thanks.

My experience

interview updates anyone? how soon before the actual interview date do calls/emails typically go out with the invite? thanks.

My expereince was an email last May 1st (one year ago) inviting me to interview in June. They offered me my choice of dates out of 12 possible days. They ran interviews 4 days a week for 3 weeks in June. With the choices they gave me, I was afforded nearly 2 months to prepare and complete the necessary paperwork.

Bases/Seniority

For those wondering, here are the dates of hire for the most junior people in each base as a result of the vacancy bid for JULY '08....

DAL - 07 MAR 07

BWI - 13 JUN 07

HOU - 22 Aug 07

MCO - 05 SEP 07

MDW - 19 SEP 07

PHX - 02 APR 08 (Age 60+)

LAS - 02 APR 08 (Age 60+)

OAK - 09 APR 08

Hope this helps those who are curious.... Cheers, klr

Is the base you want? A friend told me as the years go by the base will become more junior for FO's. Do you see that taking place?

Yeah, give it about oh say 5 more years, and you should slowly start to see HOU and DAL get slightly more junior by the month.

Latest resources

Back