• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Plans Adding 25 International Flights from FLL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How are you so sure, General, that SWA has abandoned Hawaii? Delayed maybe, but abandoned? How are you so sure that the big whigs indeed called it off?

Maybe they didn't expect the ETOPS process to be so fubar. Have you ever worked in a training department and dealt directly with the FAA?

I will give you one thing, General. The ATL-DAL service coming in October (717) was indeed a clever slap in the face.

No kidding. If Papa Gary agreed to play nice in Georgia so RA would take all those nasty seven1's, you can bet he's pissed now. Could get ugly down the road.

How are you so sure, General, that SWA has abandoned Hawaii? Delayed maybe, but abandoned? How are you so sure that the big whigs indeed called it off?

Maybe they didn't expect the ETOPS process to be so fubar. Have you ever worked in a training department and dealt directly with the FAA?

I will give you one thing, General. The ATL-DAL service coming in October (717) was indeed a clever slap in the face.

Abandoned doesn't always mean forever, true. No, I've never worked in a training dept, but you have to be prepared for these things. What about your reservations deal that was incompatible between SWA and AT? Is there any future planning going on over there? Pay people who know how to do things to do it correctly. That needs work.

And, the 717s to DAL was a good one, but 88 of them will be flying all over, making big bucks. Putting the right sized plane in the correct market is a plus. When your smallest plane is a 737-500, it limits what you can do. RJs can hit the smallest markets, and now 717s will hit the smaller mainline markets. That will help again with overall profits, and at the same time it will pay $195 an hour for a 12th year pilot one year from this upcoming Jan 1st. Not bad for the smallest mainline plane....

Bye Bye---General Lee

No kidding. If Papa Gary agreed to play nice in Georgia so RA would take all those nasty seven1's, you can bet he's pissed now. Could get ugly down the road.

Huh? If DL could get those two used gates (ex AA) at DAL, more 717s may be used to hit both coasts. You just never know, but you guys decided to reduce frequency at ATL. DL defends hubs well, and is now getting your 717s which will be used to recapture former mainline routes given to RJs, and to go after new city pairs. Dallas Love seems to be a perfect market for the 717. AA used to use Fokker 100s, about the same size.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Babe heaven!

Indeed it is. Lot of us been going down there a long time. Some chase women some make a more formal, private agreement. It is what it is, and let's all keep it that way. The secret Svc almost screwed things up, I hope the SWA guys can acclimate.

Last edited:
If DL could get those two used gates (ex AA) at DAL, more 717s may be used to hit both coasts.
Southwest Airlines Co (LUV.N) plans to bid aggressively for takeoff and landing rights at Reagan National Airport near Washington, as it looks to bring more competition to the nation's capital, a senior company executive said.
The slots are coming up for sale as American Airlines Group Inc (AAL.O) makes divestitures required under a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice that allowed AMR and US Airways to merge.
"We are very interested in picking up as many DCA (Reagan National) slots as we can," Robert Jordan, Southwest's executive vice president and chief commercial officer, said in an interview at the carrier's Dallas headquarters on Tuesday.
He said Southwest needs a critical mass of slots to have an effect on fares at the airport. Southwest, which bought AirTran in 2011, said it currently has 32 slots at Reagan National.
"We need a meaningful number of slots to be able to compete effectively at Reagan," Jordan said. "We don't need 10; we need 50 or 60 or 70. We're going to be aggressive in terms of bidding."
American and US Airways agreed to give up 104 takeoff and landing slots, or 52 pairs, at Reagan National and LaGuardia airports, along with gates at airports in Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami and Dallas. JetBlue Airways Corp (JBLU.O) has also expressed interest in acquiring slots at Reagan National.
Jordan said he didn't know when the Reagan National slots would be sold.
Last week, Southwest agreed to buy 22 of the 34 slots at New York's LaGuardia Airport that American and US Airways are giving up under the Justice Department settlement. Virgin America was also cleared to buy LaGuardia slots.
Jordan said Southwest would use some of the LaGuardia slots it is acquiring to provide direct flights from Dallas to New York. He said the carrier would disclose the new flights it plans to offer from LaGuardia in the near future.
Jordan said Southwest would also like to bid for more gates at Dallas Love Field, an airport where Southwest is already the dominant airline.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...I720131211?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

Southwest Airlines Co (LUV.N) plans to bid aggressively for takeoff and landing rights at Reagan National Airport near Washington, as it looks to bring more competition to the nation's capital, a senior company executive said.
The slots are coming up for sale as American Airlines Group Inc (AAL.O) makes divestitures required under a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice that allowed AMR and US Airways to merge.
"We are very interested in picking up as many DCA (Reagan National) slots as we can," Robert Jordan, Southwest's executive vice president and chief commercial officer, said in an interview at the carrier's Dallas headquarters on Tuesday.
He said Southwest needs a critical mass of slots to have an effect on fares at the airport. Southwest, which bought AirTran in 2011, said it currently has 32 slots at Reagan National.
"We need a meaningful number of slots to be able to compete effectively at Reagan," Jordan said. "We don't need 10; we need 50 or 60 or 70. We're going to be aggressive in terms of bidding."
American and US Airways agreed to give up 104 takeoff and landing slots, or 52 pairs, at Reagan National and LaGuardia airports, along with gates at airports in Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami and Dallas. JetBlue Airways Corp (JBLU.O) has also expressed interest in acquiring slots at Reagan National.
Jordan said he didn't know when the Reagan National slots would be sold.
Last week, Southwest agreed to buy 22 of the 34 slots at New York's LaGuardia Airport that American and US Airways are giving up under the Justice Department settlement. Virgin America was also cleared to buy LaGuardia slots.
Jordan said Southwest would use some of the LaGuardia slots it is acquiring to provide direct flights from Dallas to New York. He said the carrier would disclose the new flights it plans to offer from LaGuardia in the near future.
Jordan said Southwest would also like to bid for more gates at Dallas Love Field, an airport where Southwest is already the dominant airline.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...I720131211?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

Hey Howie, I just read your airline will probably use the 6 LGA roundtrip slots to DAL, and DL wants to try 5 daily E175s to "c$&@ block" you. And SWA wants the two extra gates at Love, but the airport probably wants DL to use them, they are using them now, and want to add a lot of flights.

And it's great you want the DCA slots. Let me guess? Nonstops to DAL? Wow! Did you know DL has the second most slots at DCA, and the most at LGA? But, you rule at LBB, MAF, and AMA! Great for you! Enjoy them all Howie! ;)

I have multiple trips to Rome, Italy this month. Ciao!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Indeed it is. Lot of us been going down there a long time. Some chase women some make a more formal, private agreement. It is what it is, and let's all keep it that way. The secret Svc almost screwed things up, I hope the SWA guys can acclimate.

How's CCS compared to BOG? I know the CCS travel warnings almost exceed the state department computer memory capabilities, but is there any safe way of "keeping it that way"?

Lock your doors and hide your daughters, people. Floppy's on the prowl.

You are one creepy ********************er.

Latest resources

Back