• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Plans Adding 25 International Flights from FLL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well sure, when you abandon plans to serve Hawaii, I guess you have to put extra planes somewhere. Spirit, JetBlue, and even AA (from MIA) serve the Caribbean and South America from South Florida. If you want to jump into that hornet's nest against several other LCCs who already are established there, go for it! And what is DL doing in the meantime? Replacing RJs with your 717s and taking pax from cities dropped by SWA (17 previously announced, 3 recently announced). Thanks!

Bye Bye---General Lee

General. You got it backwards.

General.... we don't have enough airplanes. It is preventing our growth.
For some reason GK sent 30 new orders back to wait for the Max and we are getting lots of used ones from all over the place. We are looking under rocks for airplanes.

The reason why General has SWA hate is because it is Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome after 911 and the bankruptcy and the downsizing. And to watch SWA and AAI grow 25% at that time must have been rough mentally. It's alright General. You are kewl in my book.

Last edited:
General. You got it backwards.

General.... we don't have enough airplanes. It is preventing our growth.
For some reason GK sent 30 new orders back to wait for the Max and we are getting lots of used ones from all over the place. We are looking under rocks for airplanes.

The reason why General has SWA hate is because it is Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome after 911 and the bankruptcy and the downsizing. And to watch SWA and AAI grow 25% at that time must have been rough mentally. It's alright General. You are kewl in my book.

Hardly, I got it right. Your airline jumping late into an already saturated Low Cost market from FLL to the Caribbean and Latin America. Spirit and JetBlue already control that market, and AA does well out of MIA. Just like Hawaii, your airline is late. Reminds me of FINALLY adding VNAV and Autothrottles....

And PTS? Heck no. DL pay rates and benefits have rebounded to now be higher than yours at the end of this current contract. Plus, the nearly 4000 options I got free from the merger has grown into a nice nest egg. How many free options did you get from your merger? Shares are almost up to $30 per share now. Hey, aren't you the one with PTS now? Where are your free merger options???? Oh well.... Sounds like your group got hosed...everyone...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hardly, I got it right. Your airline jumping late into an already saturated Low Cost market from FLL to the Caribbean and Latin America. Spirit and JetBlue already control that market, and AA does well out of MIA. Just like Hawaii, your airline is late. Reminds me of FINALLY adding VNAV and Autothrottles....

And PTS? Heck no. DL pay rates and benefits have rebounded to now be higher than yours at the end of this current contract. Plus, the nearly 4000 options I got free from the merger has grown into a nice nest egg. How many free options did you get from your merger? Shares are almost up to $30 per share now. Hey, aren't you the one with PTS now? Where are your free merger options???? Oh well.... Sounds like your group got hosed...everyone...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude

You might want to take a break . You have gone completely nuts .

How are you so sure, General, that SWA has abandoned Hawaii? Delayed maybe, but abandoned? How are you so sure that the big whigs indeed called it off?

Maybe they didn't expect the ETOPS process to be so fubar. Have you ever worked in a training department and dealt directly with the FAA?

I will give you one thing, General. The ATL-DAL service coming in October (717) was indeed a clever slap in the face.

Dude

You might want to take a break . You have gone completely nuts .

Thanks Dad! I'm doing great. I bring up points that you guys can't refute. I am a "Mass Debator."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back