• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilots going to vote down the TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys need someone like Lear70 to take care of this. When our crappy TA came out, he worked around the clock to put out a huge TA rebuttal that pointed out every concession and every loophole. The result was a failed TA (by a wide margin) that would have passed if it wasn't for his hard work. Someone should step up and do the work, and then you guys will be saved from making a big mistake.

RedDogC130;1795668.... Canceled flight no pay said:
That really caught my eye. Having had this in a previous life at a scumbag outfit this is hard to believe at SWA. The loss of time and a half for pickup will kill quality of life for the junior and on reserve.

I can only hope that my brothers at JETBLUE can at some point get off their blue juice laden butts and even remotely begin to have the resolve that the SWA pilots have..

Our management tean got $250,000 stock bonuses the day the union drive was defeated and yet 67% of our pilots want to sing came fire songs in a circle around the fire.

Vote it down and set the upward trend for ALL pilots

I can only hope that my brothers at JETBLUE can at some point get off their blue juice laden butts and even remotely begin to have the resolve that the SWA pilots have..

No offense, but I cant help but laugh at that...trust me there is no real resolve among SWA pilots...just a vocal few. I am getter closer and closer to the realization that MOST pilots are either really apathetic or REALLY stupid (maybe both). Chances are, if you are here or another forum, you are not apathetic and thus cant relate, but we have lots of people who have not and will not EVER read the TA and others that will not even vote. I cant understand why ANYONE would not fight, kick, scratch, bite, and do everything in their power to keep what they have in this day in age in this industry, but I guess that is where the stupid comes into play. It will take a monumental effort to defeat this TA but it is totally doable...we will see. I cant imagine anyone who has read it thoroughly would vote yes...there are just SO many concessions with SO little in return.

That is why you have to have the conversation with the guys you fly with and even if it is uncomfortable have the talk. Know your $hit to back up the facts. The only way to get people to open their eyes is to talk about it.

Yeah right! My guess is it will pass at 65 to 70%. just because 345 put down a "no" doesn't mean squat. Believe me, I think we need to vote it down, and vote it down big. But I still think it will pass.

Posts line the one by jhill above prove you are right.

Southwest has a majority of yes vote weakdicks, and is what makes the jobs of executives like myself really easy.

Let them eat cake and collect their paltry 3%.

When Age 65 was being decided what were the SWA pilots and SWAPA saying about the consequences of Age 65 concerning the future?

No offense, but I cant help but laugh at that...trust me there is no real resolve among SWA pilots...just a vocal few. I am getter closer and closer to the realization that MOST pilots are either really apathetic or REALLY stupid (maybe both). Chances are, if you are here or another forum, you are not apathetic and thus cant relate, but we have lots of people who have not and will not EVER read the TA and others that will not even vote. I cant understand why ANYONE would not fight, kick, scratch, bite, and do everything in their power to keep what they have in this day in age in this industry, but I guess that is where the stupid comes into play. It will take a monumental effort to defeat this TA but it is totally doable...we will see. I cant imagine anyone who has read it thoroughly would vote yes...there are just SO many concessions with SO little in return.

You guys need someone like Lear70 to take care of this. When our crappy TA came out, he worked around the clock to put out a huge TA rebuttal that pointed out every concession and every loophole. The result was a failed TA (by a wide margin) that would have passed if it wasn't for his hard work. Someone should step up and do the work, and then you guys will be saved from making a big mistake.

Did he get his job back?

Latest resources

Back