• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot union gives away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO. What you guys do here, effects all of us....

In the realm of the profession.... your TA is a "public" issue....

AGREED!! Plus it allows people who are looking to work here to see how it really is and what we're turning into. I just hope we don't turn into another "typical" airline run by bean counters. Been there, done that. It's all smoke and mirrors.....smoke and mirrors and then "POOF" your sold and/or gone.

Last edited:
This thread is mistitled...a more accurate statement would be "SWA union gives away farm!"...please make a note of it

We have to many Koolies on the property. It really is sad. They dont see the forest for the trees. I will be voting no but this turd will pass by 70% or more. Our :puke: NC is a bunch of IDIOTS. The Mechanice, Rampers and I am sure the FA's all got a better raise then us. Our IDIOT NC started with COLA and went down fron there. Brilliant!! Less then COLA to give away our flying. But hey look at that huge retro we will be getting.:puke:

They might be idiots but you're illiterate. I don't even know what a mechanice is. Is it an especially sweet mechanic?. Are you going to tell us what happened after all those raises?

Ah...hubris. Bitching about making $400/hour........you guys don't even recognize how good you have it.....You're starting to look like United in 2000, or Pan Am in 1984.

Now I'm not a big SWA defender, but I don't think the no votes are whining, they're just trying to adamately defend their QOL. They don't touch a single international city and now they got two farm operations. I'd be pissed too. They're just trying to keep from happening what happened to every legacy, so they don't suffer the same fate.

It does affect first year pay but not the basic rate.

It severely limits the ability of a first year pilot to give away/dump his line and pick up extra flying at 2nd year rates. Right now, if a guy is able to get rid of his trips (through ELITT or TTGA) any flying he picks up from the company through open time is paid at 2nd year rates. This contract says that only flying above his original line total (let's call it 90 trips) will be paid at 2nd year rates. A big hit, especially for military guys that drop a trip a month and then might try to pick up a turn or two day at 2nd year rates, no more (if this TA passes).

If you talk to anyone involved in the original negotiation of this (on either side) they will tell you that this was the original intent of this part of the contract. If you fly extra, you get more (higher rate) pay, period.

Guys and gals,
Any thoughts on limiting this discussion to our SWAPA forum? This I think would be a more appropriate venue.

Absolutely not! We need all the kernals out there flying at other airlines reading up on this stuff so that they can call their kernal buddies at SWA and tell them to vote no in this outsourcing codeshare extravaganza!

Heyas,

My 0.02 from 20 years of watching scope work.

If the company puts ANY provision in their demands that permits ANYTHING, you can bet they will use it. It's there for a REASON.

Contract allow %6 outsourcing? You bet they will use every last bit, and then some. They'll go over the limit saying it's a "grey area", you'll grieve it, and they'll get a spank on the wrist and continue right on doing it.

By allowing outsourcing, you guys are scoping yourselves into a box, no different than if Great Lakes got in their contract "GL Pilot's will perform all turboprop flying for XXX". That would be a great thing if you don't want any growth and want to limit yourselves to a specific kind of flying.

By allowing outsourcing, you are forgoing all that growth. I can see that if you're a CA at SWA, you're already on the biggest piece of equipment you'd ever fly, so what difference does growth make? By allowing this, you are guarenteeing that will be true, plus hosing every FO on the property.

Good luck guys....

Nu

Here's a story from Dallas Newspaper. It is a summary of changes. P.S. I don't like reserve daily order going seniroity based.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/03/southwest-pledges-to-grow-airl.html

What the Dallas News doesn't tell you is that if WN buys just 27 jets then all codeshare restrictions are lifted and they are free to have their way with us.

Also.

The company agreed to "no RJ's" right? Well they are off the hook if they buy an RJ carrier.

Also.

Trip trading will be SEVERELY restricted.

Also.

All lance captains will be capped at 9 days of captain flying per month.

Also.

Also.

Also.

It is so much worse than I originally thought.

Gup

Latest resources

Back