Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilot turns down FedEx? Tell me more...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whistlin' Dan said:
Maybe he's worried that in 10-15 years, all cargo will be flown by ACMI carriers?

Maybe he was just using the FedEx experience to polish up his skills for his upcoming UPS interview?

These reasons are the last I would have chosen. Or did mean to use them as witty sarcasm to point out how good it is at SWA?

It's far more likely foreigners would cabotage the US passenger market or own majority stakes in US passenger carriers than FedEx use ACMI exclusively.

Did you note how I mentioned the people were a great reason to stay at SWA??

Last edited:
I would turn down Fedex for SWA in a heartbeat. Night freight sucks and other than the guys living in Seattle, who wants to commute to Anchorage?

radarlove said:
I would turn down Fedex for SWA in a heartbeat. Night freight sucks and other than the guys living in Seattle, who wants to commute to Anchorage?

this has to be the funniest post I have read.

radarlove said:
.....and you sir, are a complete idiot. You know not for which you speak.

There, they took the bait. That's what you were waiting for. Right FBJ?

That's why it was a stupid question.

.....and you sir, are a complete idiot. You know not for which you speak.

oh dude please enlighten us. Why is he an idiot? Night freight, yes i know 60 percent of the flying is daytime is not for him.

Swiming around in that pool you have so much experience in that guys life.

Widow's Son said:
There was a Fedex guy in my SWA newhire class and he seems just as happy that he made the move now as he did then.

Didn't know about this situation.

Reminds me of how some UAL folks were leaving to go to a startup called JetBlue as FedEx and SWA folks were leaving for UAL or AA. No comparison, just reminds me of it.

Everybody find a chair before the music stops!

two(2)% said:

There, they took the bait. That's what you were waiting for. Right FBJ?

That's why it was a stupid question.

On the contrary, this is the post YOU were looking for.

Hope springs eternal that we can have one thread without all the negative vibes...man.

The Dude needs to lighten up!

Latest resources

Back