Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilot turns down FedEx? Tell me more...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
satpak77 said:
I knew a guy who owned Chevies his whole life, but this year bought a Ford.

Wanted to ask the board

1) Is this because Ford offers a better product this year?

2) Does driving a Ford make him happier?

3) Is GM/Chevy corporation headed downhill? Is this customer a sign of "times to come?"

Hey! Start your own useless thread. This one is MINE.

A little perspective here...

In 1999....There were a BUNCH of people with multiple offers. UAL and AA had classes where people would just fail to show up because they started the same week at DAL. Don't even mention the people who leave during training. These are the people who need an integrity check.

When the world went upside down AA dumped everyone in class out onto the street and didn't even want to give them line numbers. That's how this industry works. Anyone exploring all their options, including interviewing when you can at a great company, should be respected.

JL getting a little peeved about someone not coming to class is just a threat to sponsors. No one could have predicted this individual doing what he did. JL's frustration is not really necessary. Statistically, it's going to happen sometime. But one time is too many for JL.

At least the SWA guy didn't say he would be at class and choose just not to show up.

Doesn't anyone else see JL's policy actually created this situation? The SWA guy knew it was now or never to interview. If he "gave up" after landing a pax job he would not be considered for a FedEx interview because JL is so shy about interviewing longtime pax carrier pilots. Even turning it off after the meet and greet would poison the sponsors credentials.

Ironic.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back