• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot broke rules at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
regionaltard...it's an EXTRA 1000 ft beyond the touchdown zone..to account for the flare cues

And would someone please explain to LOWTURD the concept of Brake Energy Limits so we can be subjected to more insightful questions such as "Well if the sensors are inoperative, just how is the green determined?" ??

Miles O'Brien has NOTHING on you my man :laugh:

Just a quick note: The 737-300 will acheive a 30 minute or longer cooling time if the brakes exceeds 18.5 million foot pounds.

The 737-700 will acheive the additional cooling time if the brakes exceeds 32 million foot pounds, simply put, less of a problem even hot and high airports.

So let the NTSB do its job!!!

vv100 said:
regionaltard...it's an EXTRA 1000 ft beyond the touchdown zone..to account for the flare cues

And would someone please explain to LOWTURD the concept of Brake Energy Limits so we can be subjected to more insightful questions such as "Well if the sensors are inoperative, just how is the green determined?" ??

Conan O'Brien has NOTHING on you my man :laugh:
I think you should take valuable time away from your job picking lint from your navel to enlighten the uninformed. Afterall this is how I became learned in the meteorological phenomenon know as the Jetstream. Then tell us all again why WN hasn't allowed their pilots to use the autobraking system, and why now only recently do they plan to implement it? It must be they didn't want them getting too self-reliant on all this automation stuff. Afterall, if you don't use it.... you lose it. Comprende' VD?

Do you know if this flight was diverted, refueled and returned to midway, asked to hold and circle, and then in an attempt to land, the pilots wouldnt have thought there was reason to do anything but land if told by atc to do so, that ATA was landing, and runways were clear? I am just saying that there was no reason to believe, or be in disbelief, that they, in fact, circled and circled, and still couldn't land. Its tough to have weather delays, i know i certainly space in the cabin. : )

bunniest27 said:
Do you know if this flight was diverted, refueled and returned to midway, asked to hold and circle, and then in an attempt to land, the pilots wouldnt have thought there was reason to do anything but land if told by atc to do so, that ATA was landing, and runways were clear? I am just saying that there was no reason to believe, or be in disbelief, that they, in fact, circled and circled, and still couldn't land. Its tough to have weather delays, i know i certainly space in the cabin. : )

On behalf of everyone here....

WHAT?????

bunniest27 said:

????????????? Thank you for that information.

I am just imagining myself in a situation like this one, and i was wondering if they had already diverted and refueled. In that case I am certain they would be dead set on landing if cleared. And they seem to have been deciding how to break but were far ahead of the step that indeed they were landing on runway that was deteriorating. Anyhow, I just stand around at the bulkhead because I am asked to. : ) Happy Holidays Flyers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back