• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA (phx or las)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great post! Thank you for acknowledging the fact that there is a very good chance that someday at SWA you will have to fly to LBB. (With 13 flights a day there) Man alive, NO THANKS.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was only acknowledging the fact that there cannot be a post about SWA without you making your stupid comments about LBB overnights.

That literally makes no sense. We have been out of Chap 11 for a while now, and the upgrades and movement has been swift, actually increasing pay. And, you keep forgetting that thanks to BK I got about $240,000 in a claim sale, which came out to $88,000 in my 401K(06 and 07 contributions), and after taxes an additional $85,000. Even our bottom guy who was furloughed the whole time got $180-200,000. Not bad. We also just got contributions to our pension dump, which gave me an additional $50,000. That is in addition to our DC plan in our names now. You seem to keep forgetting that. That's ok, you are rotting away in LBB, MAF, AMA, or HRL I bet.

If Ch 11 is such a good deal then why doesn't everyone go through it. You sure talked a good game as Delta was trying to stay out of it.

I still don't think you ever answered my question about Song. Do they or don't they overnight in LBB?

By the way, I have 3 friends that are in new hire classes at Delta right now that are also in the pool for SWA. They are looking forward to walking on Delta for one of those beautiful LBB overnights. (That can't be good for the bottom line...but then again, maybe if times get tough Delta can go back and hide out in Ch 11).

I wonder if they'll have to share a crew bus with guys from Song?

You are hillarious. First off, Song doesn't exist anymore, and that is actually a good thing. We had 757s flying to cities with too many seats and not enough high paying pax. Guess what? Now we have MD88s flying some of those routes and the yeilds are up. Leo Mullin made a lot of those decisions, and even though Song was a better idea than Delta Express and the 737-200s, the planes didn't fit the routes. Now they do, thank gawd.

And, we stopped flying to LBB years ago, thank gawd again. Wow, that place is a hole, and I am so glad SWA guys love it. Enjoy it, I will enjoy Vienna or Rio.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was only acknowledging the fact that there cannot be a post about SWA without you making your stupid comments about LBB overnights.

You started this whole mess again. Expect 7 or 8 pages.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yea, that was the cheap route for the company. Would have been worth 3 times that if your MEC didn't sell you out. But, that's another thread. You got bought.

Just to be clear, your saying that your payout is worth more than if everything would have stayed status quo and you fought to keep it? Just want to make sure I'm hearing you right?

The USAir guys got a $4400 XMAS bonus. A USAir guy came up to me bragging about his Xmas bonus and that he was going to buy a large wide screen TV. I then told him I would be getting $280,000 and that our Captains would be getting over $400K. It seemed like he took an immediate dump. You have to remember that a pension is just a promise, and now we have money in our pockets that we have already invested (both 401K allottments for 06 and 07 were filled to the max, and 08 is next with our penion allottment we just were informed about last week), and more cash on the side. The new DC plan is better too since it is in our name. How is your pension doing? Wait, your senior guys sold you out with that 10 year deal, and they got all of the stock. Do you ever get mad at them?

Bye Bye--General Lee

In an attempt at being as fair as possible, here are links to the various recreational activities available to crews overnighting in LBB and Lagos,

Direct from the Nigerian Government website under "Beaches and resorts" I particularly like the "Fun seekers at the Eleko Beach" picture. What a happening time in Lagos.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/SitesScenes/SiteScenes2.htm

Now for your typical LBB entertainment. I've done a lot of serious academic work at this particular library.

http://www.librarybars.com/lubbock/gallery.php

Southwest has 13 or so flights a day into LBB, while we might have 4 or 5 a week total into LOS starting in late Fall. I can guarantee you our hotel will be nicer (for security reasons too), and if you want to go to the LBB bowling ally and get it on with some "winners", then go for it. Sounds super fun!

Bye Bye--General Lee

gen please- HIJACK - delta's great- way different than SWA- we get it. Everyone agrees...

What bases do you think will be junior by the time the LAS base shakes out? And how's MCO seniority wise?

Enjoy it, I will enjoy Vienna or Rio.
Yeah, enjoy Chapter 7, next time... then they will write you a check for 0 and no lube.

As far as junior bases for SWA (junior to senior): BWI, MDW, MCO, OAK, LAS, PHX, HOU & DAL in that order. Look for LAS to stay somewhat senior, people want to live in the southwest it seems at this company, go figure.

General, I am glad that you had such a windfall in your BK. I am sure all the guys that lost their jobs for 5+ years are really excited about the company that stuck it to them. I am also sure they appriceated the longer time on the street because you were sucking up all the extra flying while they were getting their unemployment checks.

It is getting harder for you to hide your envy of SWA. We know you want to fly the corndog....but you can't so get over it!!!

As far as junior bases for SWA (junior to senior): BWI, MDW, MCO, OAK, LAS, PHX, HOU & DAL in that order. Look for LAS to stay somewhat senior, people want to live in the southwest it seems at this company, go figure.

You are a little off on that. I say it goes LAS,OAK, PHX, MCO , BWI/MDW, HOU, DAL. At least on the FO side.

It may change, but not for awhile. Look at how many they pulled from BWI/MDW. They all went south.

Latest resources

Back