• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pay periods

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh come on. Someone flying for Southwest ain't exactly living paycheck to paycheck like a pos rj punk. Waiting an extra 24 hours for a paycheck should not be an earth shattering emergency.

Don't fool yourself, there are plenty of guys over here living paycheck to paycheck! I've personally flown with guys that don't contribute anything to their 401K, Nothing. And that's just on the Capt. side, I'm sure there are FO's as well! Common reasons are going through or went through a BAD Divorce, Bankruptcy (usually due to Bad real estate decesions) or both. Just because you are making 220K a year, doesn't mean you can't live Paycheck to Paycheck.

Later,
KBB

I know a pilot who, between he and his wife, make 200k a year with ZERO overtime. ( And they both work plenty of that )

BANKRUPT.

They don't drive Ferrari's, they had a modest boat, and an "average" McMansion of about 3200 sq ft.

No minks or $800.00 pairs of shoes. Just two small kids, public schools, in a place where the cost of living/tax base is relatively low.

BANKRUPT.

WHY?

Very poor Money Managers.

It's not all about what you earn, it's not really about what you spend....it's mainly about what you keep for yourself and how you keep track of it all.

YKW

Last edited:
Paying a day late is BS....if payday falls on a Sunday, you should be paid on Friday. Do they expect you to ever be late to work?

Well, it's not like it's a surprise to us. We can easily look at a calendar and see....hmmm, the 20th is Sunday, so it will for sure be in there by the 21st. But, as mentioned, most of the time it's early in that situation.

Latest resources

Back