• swa

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • jetblue

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Predicament

fragglerock,

Tough choice! Employment with either company would be a great job. A lot of things balance out with both companies such as benefits, pay, job satisfaction, morale, and job stability. These variables are good at both companies, so you can exclude these variables. If I were in your position, I'd look at life style, pilot bases, and commute because those seems to be the differences. Also, how long will you wait for each job is a consideration and I would tend to go with the company that would get me in a class first. I'm sure there are a lot of other variables I haven't listed. Best wishes and congratulations.

First...take a moment and offer up your thanks to whatever universal power or diety you believe in! Personally, I'm a karma kind of guy - as in, you reap what you sow.

What a problem to have! I made the jump to jetBlue in April, 2000 (leather jacket on the way). Three years later, I can tell you that it has been better than I ever could have imagined. Upper management truly cares about us. Let me say that again, upper management truly cares about us! Upgrades are swift, juniority turns to seniority in a matter of months, and average stage lengths are long enough to let you breath between takeoff and landing.

You will be happy no matter which you choose. Don't try to be clever and predict the future. Just pick the one that will give you the most satisfaction. If sitting in the left seat of an amazing, fly-by-wire aircraft in 12-18 months is enticing, then come on over to the jetBlue. You can't go wrong with jetBeige, either.

Congrats...don't forget that you are obligated to go out of your way to help someone else, now (again, the karma thing).

Cheers,
AKAAB

Last edited:
Dude....

not very many chances in life present such a win/win opportunity!;)

I KNOW that you KNOW just how lucky you are... and, if you are at one with the Universe (see AKAAB's post above) why not pay forward a little Karma????

[insert Ravi Shankar's lilting sitar music here]

.......You will go to Jet Blue.... you will be happy......

You be an A320 captain soon...... you will be happy......

You will open up a slot @ Southwest for a patiently waiting PoolRat..... you will both be happy........:D :D

Good Luck - enjoy your future, you will be happy:cool:

Tred

Tredding,

My sides hurt from laughing! Hilarious!

AKAAB,

I am in the lotus position... UMMMMMMMMM UUUUMMMMM

JayDub

You gotta be kidding me.

All right fraggle, break it down for me, did you really come in here with that question during this time in the industry for advice? or was it merely just to show off? I can only pray that I am in the same position years from now after paying my dues. Much good luck to you.

Like fraggle......., I want to be like fraggle.

daddysquared

Yes,

I'm serious about obtaining information about both airlines in order to make the most educated choice. If anyone has any specific information about SWA and Jetblue payrates and workrules, please reply. Thanks.

Fragglerock,

I know I personally have posted answers to pay rate, work rules etc. on previous posts. As has JayDub, Jeff G, Malibu, Mo Better Blu and several others. We're rather straight forward and want everyone to be well informed. Do a search and it will come back with much more of the details you're interested in.

I would take the time right now, but am commuting to JFK this morning for a trip. But I wanted to get something in here to point you in the right direction.

If you have any further questions send me a PM and I'll be happy to tell you my experiences (vs. the company that furloughed me vs. the military). Sorry to be brief, I'll check in on this site tonight in JFK.

Happy landings

Congrats on the job offers.

I've made some pretty tough career choices. I've been at six airlines with my last being my dream job at the Worlds Biggest Airline. Now I'm on the street hoping to get a chance like the one you have. Both airlines are great and you never know what is gonna happen. Whatever you choose just be happy wherever you are.

Counselair:)

fraggle,
I was actually walking into my 737 type checkride when I got the call for a jetBlue interview, and later on, the job. After weeks of getting rec-letters and my application together for Southwest and $7000 for a type rating, the app. is still still sitting on my desk. I never sent it in because I didn't want even the slightest chance of being in the position you are in now. I envy your opportunity, but not the decision process you must be going through. Just go with a plan and stick with it, no matter what happens. If by some chance you made the wrong decision and want to re apply to either company, I don't think either one will hold a grudge against you at a later time (but that's just my humble opinion).

Timeframe

Fraggle: You stated in your request that your clock was ticking, yet you still haven't disclosed a timeframe for either carier. You aren't hired by a company until you are sitting in class and drawing a paycheck. Where are you in the SW pool and when is your classdate with JetBlue? The timing of the classes would be the most important issue. If you have a class date in the near future with JetBlue and are fairly far down in the deep end of the pool I'd say take the bird in the hand. You never know what might happen, even at a company as solid as SW. More info would help others give you some insight. Best of luck.

Latest resources

Back