• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know what I would pick, I can't imagine flying a 737 for the rest of my career...also doing 10 legs a day...no thanks. I would take the DL job and fly the 767, 787, & 777's just my thoughts though.

only 10 legs a day? I heard it was 12 with every other one through LBB.:rolleyes:

O.K., I have job offers from Southwest AND Delta. What a predicament!! For one, I could care less where I'm based; I'll be a commuter for life. Two, Southwest guys aren't reqired to wear hats. I like that a lot about them.

I've done lots of research on both. Seriously, it's gonna be hard to turn down either one of them. I've wanted to be a Delta pilot since I was five years old but times have changed. I never thought I'd ask anyone this question: would you take Southwest over Delta?

If wearing a hat or not is your prospective job criteria, Delta made a mistake! Maybe you should have brought that up in your interview. Take Southwest so a more deserving applicant can take your job at Delta. Windcheck?

Also, you won't have to fly in a cramped 737 across the nation if you don't want to. quote]

Says the man who flys a Lear.

A Lear 45 "jockey" (you said it), calling a 73 cockpit small?:confused: What else would you like up there?....room for a couple of beds, maybe a volleyball court......how about a big screen TV? Those Tower 74's must have been the sh*t!:smash:

[

Have you ever had a first class meal before? You really don't know what you are missing. I get great meals myself at Rudy's at Teterboro (on the boss, thank you). Enjoy your peanuts.

Had plenty of first class meals as a pilot and as a non-rev passenger flying for free and eating for three. Domestic meals suck. They are nothing but expensive microwave meals. HungryMan anyone? Now, BA is a different story. International USair is decent. Free A330 seat, free booze for 6 hours, wine, cheese, hot cressants while the sun is comming up, and of course 100yr old flight attendants. Your buddies like to brag about their free food, but I dont have any problems running to Starbucks and grabbing a snack somewhere.
PS. Do you come to the Regionals board to brag about you 747 so that someone might care??

Had plenty of first class meals as a pilot and as a non-rev passenger flying for free and eating for three. Domestic meals suck. They are nothing but expensive microwave meals. HungryMan anyone? Now, BA is a different story. International USair is decent. Free A330 seat, free booze for 6 hours, wine, cheese, hot cressants while the sun is comming up, and of course 100yr old flight attendants. Your buddies like to brag about their free food, but I dont have any problems running to Starbucks and grabbing a snack somewhere.
PS. Do you come to the Regionals board to brag about you 747 so that someone might care??

No, you are the one who questioned me about what I have flown. I did enjoy my past flying, and I really enjoy my current flying. This thread contained a question from a person choosing between Southwest and Delta and asking for advice. I gave mine. I hope those memories of first class treatment remain in your mind for years to come.

If you choose SWA based on 123, I think you should consider checking into one of those clinics......having to choose between Delta and SWA is not a bad situation to be in, as was said in a previous post, sit down with your family and discuss all of the pros and cons to both, then sit back and enjoy your career.

I hope those memories of first class treatment remain in your mind for years to come.

They will. Primarily BA tip of the nose of a 747. American lay-down seats in a 777. And, finally, reading the first class brochure on Gulf Air explaining how to face Mecca properly during the flight. Curry anyone?

And to answer the question posted on this thread. Go where ya want. Get two pieces of paper and draw a line right down the middle. Title one "SWA" and the other "DAL" and make a pro/con list. Pick the one that works best for YOU. Do you prefer ATL or PHX, only 737(for now) or multiple plane choices, 35 years of history or 80, have furloughed or havent furloughed, hedges that are running out or no hedges, zebra with the General or "The Big Texan" 72oz steak in AMA, and it goes on and on and on. Good luck with your decision. Barring another 911, either will be a good choice. However, if you dont mind running for you food during quick turns, getting your shirt dirty and flying steam guages, I'd consider us. One reason - we are treated like gold and our mgmt honestly has our desires and feelings in mind.

Last edited:
\

They will. Primarily BA tip of the nose of a 747. American lay-down seats in a 777. And, finally, reading the first class brochure on Gulf Air explaining how to face Mecca properly during the flight. Curry anyone?

I think Delta is starting service to Dubai shortly nonstop from ATL, so if the guy chose Delta he could maybe have that same experience?

Hmm...While driving home from work I get the urge to go Poo really bad. I have to decide between stopping at a gas station, or keep driving for 10 minutes and hope the gasket doesn't give out (and I'm wearing black underwear, so that helps...). Should I stop, or should I keep driving?
I just don't understand how people who are faced with potentially life-altering decisions come on to public web sites to get their answers. If you don't know enough about either Delta or SWA to make up your own mind, then you probably shouldn't have been offered the job in the first place. You obviously know enough, (or are female), so buck up and make your OWN decision based on what YOU know and what YOU want.

Latest resources

Back