SWA or Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rank&File

O.K., I have job offers from Southwest AND Delta. What a predicament!! For one, I could care less where I'm based; I'll be a commuter for life. Two, Southwest guys aren't reqired to wear hats. I like that a lot about them.

I've done lots of research on both. Seriously, it's gonna be hard to turn down either one of them. I've wanted to be a Delta pilot since I was five years old but times have changed. I never thought I'd ask anyone this question: would you take Southwest over Delta?

Everyone's dream job is different. You are in a good situation. Talk this one over with your family and do what is best for them.

That's quite a decision to make. Both sound like good options. Which one has the sooner start date?

I had a thread on here a few months back that asked the same question. I was in your situation and chose Delta for the same reasons that you want to go to Delta. I felt that even though it was a risk, Delta would fare better over the next 20 years.
It comes down to what you want for a career. Delta is more conservative on their approach to aviation, whereas Southwest is about fun and getting the job done while having fun. That is not to say that Delta people do not have fun, it is just what SWA is known for.
BTW I am very happy with my choice. I have not had a second thought.

The Hat thing is a very important aspect and deserves more consideration. Don't take the Hat thing lightly, the decision will hang over your head for the next 20 years.

Southwest. Delta will have their troubles again in the future. Look at the last 20+ years. Who has the best track record? Easy answer. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back