• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Happened to me in CMH about 2006ish, DAL pilot sitting on van saw us coming and tried to get the driver to leave, driver stayed put, loaded us up and as we got on the DAL pilot said "this was "his" contracted van". I said "Hello, good luck with that" and then the driver drove to the hotel, never saw the guy again.

Would make sense, I heard once that a DAL crew had to share a van in CMH with a Comair crew who promptly broke wind inside an enclosed van. After that, it's been a contract priority.

Happened to me a couple years ago. Jumpseating, not in uniform, somehow ended up on the hotel van before DAL flight crew got there. DAL captain opens the door and gives me the stink eye. Looks up at the driver and says, "Is this, uh, the Delta flight crew van?"

Van driver doesn't know what to say, so I go, "Hey buddy, it's just me, I'm also a crew member for another airline. Let's just share the van. There's only going to be three of us."

DAL captain says, "No offense, but it's just the principal of the matter."

He looks at his FO, who was visibly embarrassed and says, "What do you want to do? You okay with this if we ride with this guy in the van?" FO is like, yeah dude, totally fine with that.

Then the captain says, "Fine! Let's hurry up and go before those two wheelchairs get here or we'll be here all f*@kin night!"

Still not sure what he meant by that, but by the look on the FO's face, I can guess.

You might want to stop watching so much Fox news clutching your framed picture of Gary Kelley, it will make you feel much better.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dan,

you might want to stop blaming SWA, your managment, your flight attendants and the list goes on forever..... but funny the lazy do nothing stay at home and complain ALPA pilots are never to blame for your bankruptcy

I will stop watching Fox when you tools stop chugging the ALPA koolaid like college kids on spring break. Then acting like you are gods gift to the industry when in fact you guys are the problem with the industry....pilots that wont fly and cannot stop playing with matches and gas.

Cheers Vato's

Latest resources

Back