• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And scope must not have been around long enough to remember when the delta pilots were so pompous that they required that no other crews or guests could ride in the hotel shuttle with them! Just the facts.

Been with Delta since '96, and I have NEVER seen that. I have always enjoyed riding in the van with SWA crews because most of their stews are younger than ours, and fun to talk to. The pilots, well, if you could get over the Fonzi jacket and Blue Angels talk, they were usually nice too. I never saw any DL Capt not want to share a van ride. Nope.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That was never a requirement, and we usually stayed at the same hotel. A difference in layover duration sometimes meant that one group would stay near the airport and the others would go downtown.

May not have been a requirement but you guys still did it routinely and dont say you dident I have seen it and flown with a bunch of guys from the commuters and other airlines that have also seen it.

You can have your own opinion but you cannot have your own facts it happened and still does and you know it.

The Delta professional have always been a pompous bunch, looking down their noses at other airline crews, with that hat wearing double breasted we are better than you smirk on their faces.

It burns them up that we make more money....allot more money than they do, so they walk around with their noses in the air and act like they own the world and industry.

Sucks to be them

Cheers Vato's

May not have been a requirement but you guys still did it routinely and dont say you dident I have seen it and flown with a bunch of guys from the commuters and other airlines that have also seen it.
Well, sport, I dident do it, and have never seen it done.:laugh:

You can have your own opinion but you cannot have your own facts it happened and still does and you know it.
Facts eh? :rolleyes:

The Delta professional have always been a pompous bunch, looking down their noses at other airline crews, with that hat wearing double breasted we are better than you smirk on their faces.
Not all crews flynvixen, just little fart eaters like yourself. Of course if Its nice to know that you still :crying: over it.

It burns them up that we make more money....allot more money than they do, so they walk around with their noses in the air and act like they own the world and industry.
You also paid for your job, which we didn't, and only temporarily make more money. Wait til the seniority integration when you stay an f/o forever. But the good news, you'll be pulling gear for some 3 year Air Tran pilot.:laugh:

Sucks to be them
Sucks worse to be you.

Cheers Vato's
AMF!

You also paid for your job, which we didn't, and only temporarily make more money. Wait til the seniority integration when you stay an f/o forever. But the good news, you'll be pulling gear for some 3 year Air Tran pilot.:laugh:

You professionals at Delta are paying for your job every day since you and the ALPA job killing machine almost burned your house down.

We have the type rating requirement as a $#@% screen to keep the rif raf out and is has worked very well over the years.

I have now doubt that I will not be pulling gear for any of the Clampett's

They will be in the RJ corral for as long as it takes to accept the SWAPA offer or be offed by Guadalupe holdings.

Keep on being you....... the Pro tools

Cheers Vato's

You professionals at Delta are paying for your job every day since you and the ALPA job killing machine almost burned your house down.

We have the type rating requirement as a $#@% screen to keep the rif raf out and is has worked very well over the years.

They will be in the RJ corral for as long as it takes to accept the SWAPA offer or be offed by Guadalupe holdings.

Cheers Vato's

You really do have a major inferiority complex or perhaps you are just on here trying to jerk some peoples chains. Every airline has a few arrogant jerks, however most pilots are good people no matter what they fly. I've seen good people from all walks of the aviation spectrum. There certainly isn't one that is better than any other.
You might want to stop watching so much Fox news clutching your framed picture of Gary Kelley, it will make you feel much better.

At least it's a house, and not a trailer.;)

Except in your case that is. Good thing for you, living with mom and dad and having them pay for it helped.

I have no doubt that had spelling been a requirement you'd still be a mesa f/o.

The RJ guys who will be your captains, so you better tread carefully junior.:laugh:
It beats being you................The :bawling: baby!

Cheers Vato's
AMF!

Been with Delta since '96, and I have NEVER seen that. I have always enjoyed riding in the van with SWA crews because most of their stews are younger than ours, and fun to talk to. The pilots, well, if you could get over the Fonzi jacket and Blue Angels talk, they were usually nice too. I never saw any DL Capt not want to share a van ride. Nope.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It was alive and well at least until the early '90's, when DAL started to go south and the furloughs started. Before that, they wouldn't ride with anyone else. After that, the FOs and FEs, almost to a man, asked if my commuter was hiring while sharing a van.

The best one I ever saw was in PDX, and not that long ago (10 years or so?). It was March-ish, cold and wet. The FO and I were sitting in the van, waiting for the FAs to do their money drop, when a DAL crew appeared. The Capt told us that WE had to get off the van, since their contract required separate accommodations. I laughed out loud, and offered that they SHARE the van with us (there was room for both crews), but that we were not getting off the van. As our FAs appeared, he was trying, in vain, to convince the driver to kick us off. We were all loaded up, and he was then trying to convince his crew to wait with him (for the van to go to the hotel and back). The rest of the crew took up our offer to share, and the guy waited about 40 minutes for the van, leaving an empty seat in the van.

It was alive and well at least until the early '90's, when DAL started to go south and the furloughs started. Before that, they wouldn't ride with anyone else. After that, the FOs and FEs, almost to a man, asked if my commuter was hiring while sharing a van.

The best one I ever saw was in PDX, and not that long ago (10 years or so?). It was March-ish, cold and wet. The FO and I were sitting in the van, waiting for the FAs to do their money drop, when a DAL crew appeared. The Capt told us that WE had to get off the van, since their contract required separate accommodations. I laughed out loud, and offered that they SHARE the van with us (there was room for both crews), but that we were not getting off the van. As our FAs appeared, he was trying, in vain, to convince the driver to kick us off. We were all loaded up, and he was then trying to convince his crew to wait with him (for the van to go to the hotel and back). The rest of the crew took up our offer to share, and the guy waited about 40 minutes for the van, leaving an empty seat in the van.
Is this really true? I don't believe it.

I flew with Tri back when I was an F/O, and we had a PDX overnight, if memory serves. Anyway, I distinctly remember him telling me this story back then, for what it's worth (i.e. he's not just making it up for this thread).

Cheers,
PapaWoody

Happened to me in CMH about 2006ish, DAL pilot sitting on van saw us coming and tried to get the driver to leave, driver stayed put, loaded us up and as we got on the DAL pilot said "this was "his" contracted van". I said "Hello, good luck with that" and then the driver drove to the hotel, never saw the guy again.

Latest resources

Back