• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And scope must not have been around long enough to remember when the delta pilots were so pompous that they required that no other crews or guests could ride in the hotel shuttle with them! Just the facts.

As a former NWA pilot I had heard that rumour for years. Never witnessed it in person. Actually shared vans with them for years. My guess is that it was a contracted limo(IE: Golden touch in NYC) service trying to combine crews if it happened at all. If that was the case that would be understandable as Delta was paying for that van. Seriously doubt that would happen in a hotel van. Fwiw, for years when outed as a crew member in bars I always admitted to being Delta with a showtime of just under 8 hours. Now, when I am out drinking it is swa with a AM departure. Actually look the part as I saved my Fonzi jacket from NWA.

And scope must not have been around long enough to remember when the delta pilots were so pompous that they required that no other crews or guests could ride in the hotel shuttle with them! Just the facts.

Facts huh???:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's right -- in fact, we would round up other crewmembers to ride with us. Saved a lot on tips that way. :p

That's BS and you know it I have seen it in person and had many other crews say the same. In fact it has almost come to fist fights in the past with Delta professionals demanding that other people get off of the bus because in their words "this is our van" those are facts and dont try and BS us that you guys are nice fun loving, happy friendly crew members just looking for a ride to the hotel. It was not a limo thing I saw it on hotel vans.

Cheers vato's

Is it still a requirement that the FA's stay in different hotels than the pilots at Delta?

That was never a requirement, and we usually stayed at the same hotel. A difference in layover duration sometimes meant that one group would stay near the airport and the others would go downtown.

That's BS and you know it I have seen it in person and had many other crews say the same. In fact it has almost come to fist fights in the past with Delta professionals demanding that other people get off of the bus because in their words "this is our van" those are facts and dont try and BS us that you guys are nice fun loving, happy friendly crew members just looking for a ride to the hotel. It was not a limo thing I saw it on hotel vans.

Cheers vato's

I've never had a problem with Delta's crew members at both ASA and AirTran, they have waited for us on several occasions. Just a hunch, maybe your warm and sunny personalty had something to do with your experience.

I've never had a problem with Delta's crew members at both ASA and AirTran, they have waited for us on several occasions. Just a hunch, maybe your warm and sunny personalty had something to do with your experience.

Pretty much what I was thinking.....

Fwiw, for years when outed as a crew member in bars I always admitted to being Delta with a showtime of just under 8 hours. Now, when I am out drinking it is swa with a AM departure. Actually look the part as I saved my Fonzi jacket from NWA.

That's also much easier now that SWA is flying from the city airports........ very funny!

Latest resources

Back