• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's ironic our situation is getting better due to our merger, while your situation and culture is deteriorating at the same time. I see rough waters ahead for your group if you don't get your acts together and play nice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The culture is not dying. It is only getting stronger brother. The rants and raves on FI are only a show of pride. Pride is what helps facilitates TEAM/FAMILY/CULTURE. Guess what? The AT guys have the same. With the combination of the two without ALPA, will be a thorn in DAL's side that will twist slowly. That thorn may take a long time to dig in but when it does it will hurt. Good luck on getting rid of the ten bil left in debt.

You know what scope your school yard taunts lead me to believe even more that you do not even work for an airline. If you do really work at DAL why do you care if we paid for our type or not? It is a choice we made personally. No one is holding a gun to your head telling you to come do it so why don't you just mind your own business. If you spent half as much time minding your own affairs as you do criticizing ours maybe you could do something about all those RJ's that are doing your flying. Last time I checked I have not seen any SWA express jets flying around. We all know where you stand on your illogical argument about pft and SWA. You made your choice, we made ours. I really do not care if DAL types you in everything they got and pays you in gold bars.

Last edited:
First one, First serve

Haven't had a chance to read numerous replies to this thread. I'm sure someone has already said it, go to the first one that calls! After you have a job, look at the bottom line. Most guys i fly with at SWA that didn't jump ship for greener fields in the late 90's talk about a solid financial company and our culture as reasons for staying. I do believe our culture has suffered a little but still love it here. I enjoy the schedule, and drive to work. QOL is definitely better than i would have at DAL. Good luck to everyone that has the problem of two airlines calling. SWA was the only one that called me in '04!

The culture is not dying. It is only getting stronger brother. The rants and raves on FI are only a show of pride. Pride is what helps facilitates TEAM/FAMILY/CULTURE. Guess what? The AT guys have the same. With the combination of the two without ALPA, will be a thorn in DAL's side that will twist slowly. That thorn may take a long time to dig in but when it does it will hurt. Good luck on getting rid of the ten bil left in debt.

Only getting stronger, eh? Hillarious. Why doesn't GK do the joint contract for you guys right now? Sure would create goodwill between your groups. But, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Riiiiiiiiiight. And our debt is being addressed well, infact $2 billion was just erased, and more will be erased according to the CEO in upcoming years. Thanks for your concern. It's great you paid all cash for Airtran.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

I know it would please you and the rest of the Anti SWA tools to see us go down in flames, but your gloating is premature.

What's it mean...

Wow. That was a lot of work to define "stalker". Sorry I didn't have the staying power to read it all, though I'm sure it would have been fascinating.:laugh:

For me the choice between DAL and SWA is an easy one that comes down to the jacket. Do you want a leather jacket or a double breasted suit?

Seriously... either one would be good to work for.. for now.. and both are a descent gamble for the future.

I think you nailed it..........

Stalkers often suffer from low self-esteem, and feel they must have a relationship with the victim in order to have any self worth.
Preoccupations with other people almost always involve someone with weak social skills and low self-esteem.
The above traits remind us that much of stalking involves harassment and annoyance, but never forget that stalkers can also be extraordinarily dangerous. Believing that their victims love and care for them, stalkers can become violent when frustrated in their quest for this love.

Although the majority of cases do not end in murder or grave bodily injury, enough do every year that victims should never brush aside the possibility. Victims of stalking should never take the crime lightly, no matter who the stalkers are or how close they have been emotionally.

Look carefully again at the traits below and be wary if someone seems to fit these.
Won't take no for an answer
Has an obsessive personality
No or few personal relationships
Lack of embarrassment or discomfort at actions
Low self esteem
Sociopathic thinking
Has a mean streak

SWA is a non-ALPA carrier. Delta pilots pay dues to ALPA.

Where to go if hired by both? ... Easy choice.

By the way, who does ALPA represent, besides Rez and PCL? :D

My kids are 10 & 8 and been to 8 different countries; SWA is a terrific company but for my family and I we like the ability to see the world.

So you only take your family to destinations that Delta flies? Or do you sometimes use the flight benefits on other carriers that Delta provides to its employees?

I completely understand that the cost for a Delta employee and family flying on Delta is going to be cheaper than a SWA employee and family flying on Delta. My point is that just because your airline doesn't fly to a particular location doesn't prohibit you from non-reving there.

So you only take your family to destinations that Delta flies? Or do you sometimes use the flight benefits on other carriers that Delta provides to its employees?

I completely understand that the cost for a Delta employee and family flying on Delta is going to be cheaper than a SWA employee and family flying on Delta. My point is that just because your airline doesn't fly to a particular location doesn't prohibit you from non-reving there.

Non-rev'n S2 (Employee vacation) vs S4+ (ZED passes after all other S2/S3/S4) is not even close to the same experience. Not saying it isn't possible.....

Just the same, if you are picking between DAL vs SWA just on the non-rev benes, then your extremely myopic.
Both companies will probably make for a fine career, at least for now, but you couldn't get much different in types of operations from type of flying, to base locations. Like many have said though, apply and get hired, then it's an interesting decision that few have to make.

I knew a pilot in late 2000 that had over 6 years at SWA that applied to DAL, went to the interview, but didn't get past the human interview. He was actually bummed for about 2 months, but soon SWA opened a MCO base, 9/11, and he made Captain. Now he just laughs about it. Like Garth said, "time to thank god for unanswered prayers!"
LUV

Latest resources

Back