• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Oct Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess calls go out by Sat. Last group didn't get called until the following week, but there were some other things going on.

I would guess calls go out by Sat. Last group didn't get called until the following week, but there were some other things going on.

I agree with that statement...I got the call a week after the DB met...but normally it's within a few days. Last time they went down the list alphabetically...so if your last name starts with Z...it might take longer.

The 2nd board for August met Sep 12th......calls went out between 19-24 Sep.

We were called alphabetically by the People Department....not the Chief Pilots. Only a handfull of calls went out each day.

My DB met on 12 Sep & didn't get the call until 8 PM Eastern on 23 Sep. I would bet that I was the last name on the list, & I asked Diane if she was done... She laughed & said that was an urban legend, had more work to do, just like getting your references called is a shoe-in. They do read this board. For what it is worth.

It's finally here the BIG DB day. The fate of my career is being decided right now. Cross your fingers and good luck to all.

Any wagers on when the first phone calls go out. My bet is THURS.

Don't let the phone out of your site.

Well I got plan B (Job B) that starts soon. I just really want my dream job. Waiting is the hardest part.

Good...good luck. It is a tough wait usually takes about 2 weeks for them to get through the list. After they get through the list then they send the letter out if you made it to the DB. It won't be over one way or the other until the end of the month. Enjoy it but have a plan B. If you don't make it the first time try, try again. If it is your dream job keep going for it until you get it.

Last edited:
After they get through the list then they send the letter out if you made it to the DB.

The "making it to the DB" part confuses me. I have heard conflicting reports on the DB. First I heard everyone goes, then I heard some are eliminated right after the interviews (i.e. no refs called).

From how you worded that it makes it sound like some dont go to the board and they get letters right away. Or that if you werent being considered by the board, the letters would go out on the day of the DB. Confusing stuff!

Oh well, either way I will know soon enough. What a long wait it has been.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back