Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA letters of "Thanks but no thanks, see ya next year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And...?

G100driver said:
Yes you got me ..... I spent my own money on my education. I did not suck on the government teet.

Thanks for your contribution to our society.

scoreboard said:
Did you pay for your private? Commercial? Instrument?

CFI/II?

G100, you PFT'd. That horse, it died years ago.

That has got to be the ALL TIME weakest come back in the history of aviation!

Last edited:
Mil=PFT

capt. megadeth said:
What's wrong with the gov't paying for a person's education? I mean, they give losers money all the time. I would rather my taxes go to someone that will actually give back to society than someone who will just mooch more and keep the vicious cycle of government enablement going.

Oh, I get it, Military duty = PFT

Guilty.

A bit of a stretch but OK

capt. megadeth said:
What's wrong with the gov't paying for a person's education? I mean, they give losers money all the time. I would rather my taxes go to someone that will actually give back to society than someone who will just mooch more and keep the vicious cycle of government enablement going.

scoreboard said:

Guilty.

A bit of a stretch but OK

Whoa there score, how do you come up with anything anti-military pilot in what Ms. Megadeth wrote? She obviously is addressing "moochers" and people who are 'enabled" by government. I don't think that even the most ardent anti-military pilot person on this board would go so far as to call military pilots moochers or persons who keep the vicious cycle of government enablement going. Sounds to me like she was refering to welfare queens, tobacco farmers, Sam Donaldson and his Angora ranch, and any number of people who feed of of big government.

Cal

:-) said:
Whoa there score, how do you come up with anything anti-military pilot in what Ms. Megadeth wrote? She obviously is addressing "moochers" and people who are 'enabled" by government. I don't think that even the most ardent anti-military pilot person on this board would go so far as to call military pilots moochers or persons who keep the vicious cycle of government enablement going. Sounds to me like she was refering to welfare queens, tobacco farmers, Sam Donaldson and his Angora ranch, and any number of people who feed of of big government.

Cal

What makes you think scoreboard was thinking anti-military? I think one flew right over your head.

miles otoole said:
What makes you think scoreboard was thinking anti-military? I think one flew right over your head.

wouldn't be the first time something flew right over my head. But since you ask, something about this phrase makes me think that scoreboard took Megadeths comments to be anti military.

scoreboard said:

Maybe scoreboard will be so kind as to explain exactly what he meant since I took it one way and you seem to have taken it just the opposite. If two seemingly normal people see something and react completely opposite, it just might need more splaining, know whut ah mean?

Hobbes

scoreboard said:
Thanks for your contribution to our society.

You are quite welcome sir. As of thus far this year I have contributed over $13,000 in Federal Taxes to support our "Great Society" alone.

I appreciate your sincere thanks for supporting you.

I did..

:-) said:
wouldn't be the first time something flew right over my head. But since you ask, something about this phrase makes me think that scoreboard took Megadeths comments to be anti military.

Maybe scoreboard will be so kind as to explain exactly what he meant since I took it one way and you seem to have taken it just the opposite. If two seemingly normal people see something and react completely opposite, it just might need more splaining, know whut ah mean?

Hobbes

I did, but I may have mistaken this darn internet discourse inappropriately:) Oops.

The SWA interview process has flaws, as are do all the other airlines. The process has evolved into something quite different than what existed the first 30+ years of operations. Although the interview questions have not changed that much (from what I hear), there is now the LOI. Additionally, you have the whole interview prep industry with people that work for the Company selling their first-hand knowledge to those willing to pay. The vast majority of who we hire are great. Do we get better people than we did in the first 30+? I think not, in fact, I believe that we screen out more good people and allow more lesser oneto slip through than ever. Is this the fault of the process, "coaching" for the interview, or the erosion of our society in general? I don't know but I think we could randomly select a class from those turned down each year and they would likely perform just as well as those who made it initially.

As far as the type requirement goes, we have nearly 5000 pilots that acquired the type before being employed here. I think a majority of the pilot group is fine with the requirement for employment.

CR

Latest resources

Back