Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA letters of "Thanks but no thanks, see ya next year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pride does come before the fall.

I would rather error in humility.

Some make it and some don't.

I noticed some who capitalize (I mean CONSULT) hopefuls on their quest to fly for SWA, have chimed in in favor of high interview numbers so that SWA could have the pick of the litter. While I don't agree with the practice, it is their company and they can hire how and who they wish and when they wish. Some of the beligerance on this and similar threads would likely raise some eyebrows from the DB members if they could ID some of you. Every hiring board is a little different from the rest. Some of the attitudes here should be checked as they should consider they may have not been as solid a candidate as getting hired may lead them to believe. Some were likely just one "stutter" away from the "dreaded" letter. I worked with many fine flight crews and management at SWA and enjoyed much of my time there. Many of the views expressed in these threads by current (obvious, SWA Flight Officers) bring both dissappointment and satisfaction in my choice to depart and never to return.

100-1/2

Last edited:
I saw Chase's name at the bottom of the page indicating that he was viewing the thread. I wonder if he'll comment.

If you do respond Chase, can you answer the questions I asked OffHot earlier pertaining to pilot input into the interview process? (somewhere back around page five i believe)

Thanks,
:)

100-1/2 said:
Many of the views expressed in these threads by current (obvious, SWA Flight Officers) bring both dissappointment and satisfaction in my choice to depart and never to return.

100-1/2

Hundred and a half, I think that a few of the SWA "pilots" are most likely just flamers and imposters. I don't judge the quality of ANY airlines pilots by what I see on these internet forums and I hope that you don't either. I am curious as to your current job. Did you leave SWA for greener pastures. If you've already written about this, could you please send me a link to the thread. If you don't talk about it, I understand.

:)

KnightDog said:
I don't understand why anyone would want to work for a company that tells you in writing that they don't want you to work for them. And i don't understand why a company would interview somebody again that they didn't want in the first place. I interviewed with SWA and they sent me a letter saying i was not qualified. To me it was an insult and a good laugh as I was an int'l capt on the 737-8 at the time. They knew my qualifications from the time they called me for the interview. Why waste mine and SWA's time and $ if they allready know they are not going to hire you. Or just put the truth in the letter.... "Sorry Mr. Smith all we need this month is center line trust experience." I would rather the truth than an inpersonal slap in the face. Needless to say i lost respect and confidence in SWA's hiring proccess. kd

Why is it most pilots think "qualified" means X number of hours in an airplane type. Or X number of hours of PIC? Qualified encompasses so much more in today's airline industry. Maybe you have the personality of a rock and the customer service attitude of a United pilot. Then I would say you are unqualified.

Last edited:
MarylandONE said:
Why is it most pilots think "qualified" means X number of hours in an airplane type. Or X number of hours of PIC? Qualified encompasses so much more in today's airline industry. Maybe you have the personality of a rock and the customer service attitude of a United pilot. Then I would say you are unqualified.

Perhaps because SWA requires 1000 turbine PIC and prefers a 737 Type!

Sounds like you need to lay off Herb's Wild Turkey!

:rolleyes:

TheDogsBollocks said:
Perhaps because SWA requires 1000 turbine PIC and prefers a 737 Type!

Sounds like you need to lay off Herb's Wild Turkey!

:rolleyes:

Why is it pilots are also short sighted? Should they list that they require you not to be an asshat? Do you need everything spelled out for you?

MarylandONE said:
Should they list that they require you not to be an asshat?

Speaking of asshats, I believe you win the prize for being the biggest one here. You drone on and on about people skills and customer service attitudes... yet you come across on this board as a gigantic tool. How'd you slip thru the cracks on the hiring process? Does SWA like to hire arrogant, egotistical blowhards? If you are any indication of attitudes and egos at SWA... well then holy crap, I'm glad I never applied...

Last edited:
MarylandONE said:
Why is it pilots are also short sighted? Should they list that they require you not to be an asshat? Do you need everything spelled out for you?

Who ever said the people who were turned down were "asshats?" Or had the personality of a rock? I think anyone would understand that, and you are overstating the obvious. We're not talking about no-personality people, we're talking about people who have strong backgrounds (from a technical standpoint) and are great people to fly with from a personality standpoint. Safe, technically proficient AND good people who have already set aside 10 days to get a stupid type that get a letter that basically says "try again in a year." That's what people are b!tching about.

I agree this thread needs to end, but what the heck. Calvin, I don't know who, how or why the questions that are asked are asked. Maybe Albie can answer that one. My point was that the PD collects the initial information and supports the pilots who make the final decission.

jbDC9 said:
Speaking of asshats, I believe you win the prize for being the biggest one here. You drone on and on about people skills and customer service attitudes... yet you come across on this board as a gigantic asshole. How'd you slip thru the cracks on the hiring process? Does SWA like to hire arrogant, egotistical blowhards? If you are any indication of attitudes and egos at SWA... well then holy crap, I'm glad I never applied...

Well said sir, I thought that SWA also likes a candidate with a sense of humor and who does not take himself too seriously. Regretfully it seems MarylandONE is lacking on both.

Latest resources

Back