• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That we should be deeply concerned by a continuing trend that's heading in the wrong direction. My fear is that we're not evolving fast enough.
We as in the corporate side. Pilots can adapt fairly quickly.

Maybe they'll give credence to a small aircraft flying club to build real stick time. No, they won't, they'll just make us do one more steep turn in a sim that doesn't feel a thing like the jet in a steep turn.

Why would you be surprised by something that's always an option

It's a legal option, if you have reviewed the performance required for BOTH runways, along with the notams, and briefed it.

If not, in today's environment, you're sticking your neck out; don't be surprised if it gets cut off. At least you won't have been a pu$$y, and you'll still have your workout tips and sleep techniques to keep you company. :rolleyes:

Seriously, with recent events, you still want to keep arguing about this?

You are symptomatic of a larger problem.

Last edited:
Southwest killed a kid in a car....guess that's not technically a fatality..tell the kid's family that

Southwest killed a kid in a car....guess that's not technically a fatality..tell the kid's family that

Oh, haven't you heard their excuse? "We didn't kill him. He choked on the McDonald's food he was eating at the time."

It's a legal option, if you have reviewed the performance required for BOTH runways, along with the notams, and briefed it.

If not, in today's environment, you're sticking your neck out; don't be surprised if it gets cut off. At least you won't have been a pu$$y, and you'll still have your workout tips and sleep techniques to keep you company. :rolleyes:

Seriously, with recent events, you still want to keep arguing about this?

You are symptomatic of a larger problem.

No, I'm saying why wouldn't you review the performance and notams for both if it's a place that sidesteps you commonly enough so you're ready

I love that- 1 guy in 42 years and now we've ALL been doing it wrong forever
:-/
But don't worry, Ty and air tran will learn us

pcl

Classless

Who has ever made that claim?

We all know and think about Joshua woods and the others hurt that day.

Last edited:

Yeah, it is.

His name is Joshua woods

Who do you work for that you can throw that kind of stone?

Thanks kernel
Colonel.

And while we're at it;
your = form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective
you're = a contraction of "you are"
their = relating to or belonging to certain people, animals, or things : made or done by certain people, animals, or things
they're = a contraction of "they are"

Why are pilots so bad at spelling and grammar?! I agree that we're professionals who should command professional compensation, but when so many on here make those assertions and display the language skills of a 4th-grader; it doesn't help our cause much!

Ok. Rant over. Sorry wave- didn't mean to single you out..this is directed at SO many out there. My own company's internal pilot forum/blog also shows me that so many of my colleagues are in need of Rosetta Stone (for English).

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Runway_Awareness_and_Advisory_System_(RAAS)

Surprised SWA hasn't made the investment, small software change within the GPWS.

I think they did have it on a couple of planes, but the number of write-ups saying: "RAAS system not working. Will not quit saying: ON TAXI-WAY. Starts shortly after tug is removed and continues until takeoff. Resumes again upon exiting the runway" was too much to handle.

Sorry...I couldn't resist. :D

Last edited:
Question: Could the FAA come after you in this situation just because you happen to be riding up front?

And yes, I know what Chuck Norris would have done.

Latest resources

Back