• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Tune and identify all electronic aids to navigation", even on a visual approach. I guess there's still guys out there that think it's macho (or just lazy?) to just aim it at an airport when they hear "Cleared for the visual approach".

There is no excuse for this happening especially in a 700...there is no approach to 17 at BKG except a gps...some people just don't put it in...I feel bad for the crew...we all make mistakes. As for getting the plane out it will be no sweat...Alaska used to fly their 200 combis and 737-400 out of Dutch Harbor. It's 3900 feet long. The 737 is quite the performer. It's amazing that they stopped it on a 3800 ft strip expecting 7000....

The news was reporting that the pilots were "repeatedly" apologizing for the inconvenience.

Hope they didn't murmur like a broken record that. We'll get you to Branson soon as safely as possible . Then the thanks for flying with us enjoy your stay in the Branson area or wherever we decide to take you

This shizz can and has happened to every airline. You glass house punk b!tches better check yourselves and stop disrespecting my stepbruthas.
Less likely to happen at AirTran where we're required to overfly final approach fix on every visual approach at night. Pretty hard to overfly a marker at one airport and then land at another.

Also they were operating in rising terrain. Airport they landed at is in the valley - 350 feet lower than airport of intended landing which is on top of the highest hill. Descending 350 feet bellow briefed touchdown zone elevation, should have set off some bells in one's head.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back