• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You need to network more, then. Many, many, many corporate flight departments fly very very weekends or Holidays. I know quite a few -91 guys who are in their own beds 24-25 nights a month and have all major holidays off. How many 121 guys can say the same? Of those who can, how many years after being hired at a major can they claim the same? I know many 121 major guys who are in their 40s who can't get thanksgiving and Xmas off. One thing to get them off have them off with little kids at home, quite another to have them off when the house is empty.
I spent the first 16 years of my time in this paid hobby of ours flying corporate, sure there are a handful of jobs on the corporate side that are as you described, but the reality is that most of the corporate jobs just plain suck.....! You spend most of your time playing a very delicate dance around your boss's mood, and worst yet, dancing around his wive's mood.....! Always in constant politics, with the partners, the guest (that most of the time were more of a pain in the rear end) obligated to be all up on their business because there is no way that you can separate their private lives from your day to day. I'm happy for your friend as it seems he got a hell of a job, but to say that this kind of lifestyle is the norm flying corporate is just plain nonsense.

So, your job at 21, flying as a Lear FO, convinced you that "corporate sucks", huh? :rolleyes:

That and how many corporate pilots I have flown with that have said how much better the airlines are.

Actually Ty corporate is great , why don't you go get one of those jobs.

That and how many corporate pilots I have flown with that have said how much better the airlines are.

Actually Ty corporate is great , why don't you go get one of those jobs.

I've actually had a good corporate job. If you'd had one (instead of believing you had one), you would realize how stupid your generalization sounds.

If a good corporate job came around now, I sure wouldn't be stupid enough to dismiss it out of hand. The key is knowing how to tell the difference. I'm betting you can't.

Last edited:
I've actually had a good corporate job. If you'd had one (instead of believing you had one), you would realize how stupid your generalization sounds.

If a good corporate job came around now, I sure wouldn't be stupid enough to dismiss it out of hand. The key is knowing how to tell the difference. I'm betting you can't.

Prove me wrong. Go get one

The best line I ever heard about corp flying is...
Me: Do you guys get weekends off?
Pilot: Yes, and Thanksgiving and Christmas as long as were not flying.

God Bless Eddie Shaw!!

I had a GREAT corporate job! Hired, got typed and current, furloughed and made the mins for a job in the majors! Love those guys, still feed my dogs their pet food to my animals, too!

So, your job at 21, flying as a Lear FO, convinced you that "corporate sucks", huh? :rolleyes:

Of course! It was considered a good job, after all. Because, you know, the best corporate jobs out there are the ones looking for low time fresh college grads. :D

Of course! It was considered a good job, after all. Because, you know, the best corporate jobs out there are the ones looking for low time fresh college grads. :D

Exactamente . . . . and ones with such winning personalities, too. :rolleyes:

Wow, this thread is a new low. How can any professional airline pilot use another carrier's tragic loss to further there schoolyard antics.

I have never read a more class-less thread. Of course there are criminal, negligent, or just plain stupid actions that sometimes lead to these tragedies, but sometimes there isn't.

If you guys weren't so he'll bent on trash talking each other perhaps we could actually learn something.

For instance studying accidents and statistics would show you that incidents will pile up on one person or one carrier just from random chance, so if American has more fatal crashes per cycle than United, it means very little and can not be used as an argument that the pilots or procedures at one airline are better than another.

But by all means let's keep disrespecting dead kids, vilifying pilots who were set up to fail (the actual winds and runway condition at Midway that night) and pulling our puds out to beat the same tired topics to death.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back