SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
News flash- We get priority from atc bc we move metal, not pizza parties-
Too bad its not always to the right airport....double pepperoni, double cheese.....

Hahaha- man, I hooked like 7 of you with that.

I think it's often prudent guys- certainly would've saved us that night and if it's in your procedures I bet we see it-

That said I don't want us to lose the ability to be pilots and use that when we can- our judgement is being taken away from us instead of trained into us- and I don't think there's any getting away from using our own judgement online.

As for always fly over the FAF- My last two flights into oak were from sea and Pdx -
Really? Go all the way to Mitoe? It's like 8 miles
How about smf from the south? And bc of timing if we HAD to do that, we'd have got Fedex'd all the way to San Jose
I'm Vegas based and tend to stay west hence my examples
We can't do that at those, but we'll do the circle to 22 in mdw?
C'mon-

How about we learn the lesson and use our available tools and gain more technology to help- be more vigilant then let us work-
This does put the exclamation point on anybody still resistant to technology- we can't afford the guys who don't use all their tools

All my jet types have the circle limits pu$$y Ty - dang, wish I was a real pilot ;)

When I go into MDW, I check on with "Information Ditka".

Ditka always calls da plays in Chicago . . . 31C every time, dahhhl. ;)

Then I throw my pizza order out the DV window as I pass Giordano's . . . That way, it'll be waiting for me at the gate. Grab couple a' Old Styles, head for da hotel.

:laugh:

Last edited:
I don't cut inside the FAF, period.

So you won't sidestep in PHX, MCO, LAX etc..? Sometimes you end up inside the FAF if you accept it. What is the AAI policy on that?

So you won't sidestep in PHX, MCO, LAX etc..? Sometimes you end up inside the FAF if you accept it. What is the AAI policy on that?

I like sidestepping as much as the next guy, but if you want to cover all your bases, you should review the landing data for that runway and cover it in your brief.

The only surprise I like is what's on tap at the hotel. :D

That's right, 73 is not restricted
For any of us Ty
That's pretty funny
I guess none of us are pu$$ies

Well that explains the 10 mile downwinds i've experienced. If you can't land an airplane from abeam the numbers, you just plain suck. Also, if you land at the wrong airport, you would suck also.

Well made points as usual -

The FAF is generally half that distance from the runway. Maybe you should rethink your technique ?

How badly do you suck if you tail strike eight 737-800s ? If one's a hull loss is that worse or better ?

So many questions and so little time. Perhaps Wave will answer with a "you're a puzzy if you're not dragging metal down a runway".

Latest resources

Back