• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two colors on every side ..... black and white.... the truth is always in the gray area depending on how well you stay in the lines. The company was way outside the lines with their handling of the Denver FO. Hopefully swapa will make sure he is made whole for the moeny they have stollen from him. They have set themselves up for all the other furlough pilots to be firmly in their seat in class with their recall number before they call to let gary know what's going on. You reap what you sow gary.

Yes, I heard from one of our former SOC people how that works: "You've got to somehow trick them into believing that it was really their idea and not an AirTran procedure, then they'll think it's brilliant!"

That's true for any airline post merger.

Telling the truth is one thing.

Coloring the truth to fit an agenda is quite another.

Bubba

I don't color anything. waveflyer certainly does, though. Always trying to make SWA seem prefect, and always kissing management's ass.

Two colors on every side ..... black and white.... the truth is always in the gray area depending on how well you stay in the lines. The company was way outside the lines with their handling of the Denver FO. Hopefully swapa will make sure he is made whole for the moeny they have stollen from him. They have set themselves up for all the other furlough pilots to be firmly in their seat in class with their recall number before they call to let gary know what's going on. You reap what you sow gary.

What Denver FO? What happened?

Bubba

The requirement to cross the FAF at night, on a visual is a safe practice. It reduces pressure, mitigates rushed approaches and may have prevented this incident.

Well that explains the 10 mile downwinds i've experienced. If you can't land an airplane from abeam the numbers, you just plain suck. Also, if you land at the wrong airport, you would suck also.

Yes, I heard from one of our former SOC people how that works: "You've got to somehow trick them into believing that it was really their idea and not an AirTran procedure, then they'll think it's brilliant!"

Could be true, Robert Fornaro tricked Gary Kelly.

Well that explains the 10 mile downwinds i've experienced. If you can't land an airplane from abeam the numbers, you just plain suck. Also, if you land at the wrong airport, you would suck also.

I don't cut inside the FAF, period. I also haven't had to perform a go-around in at least five years.

Now, Your Honor, I might be just an unfrozen caveman pilot, but methinks these two things be related.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back