• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone think it's ironic that on the 5 year anniversary of Sully successfully putting a crippled Airbus into the Hudson saving everyone on board we have folks on here actually defending to Airline pilots with a combines 28 years at SW that couldn't find the correct airport in VFR conditions. even student pilots would have some explaining to do.

Gross negligence plain and simple

Sully had no choice. He was gonna land with 10 miles, and he chose the longest strip he had in sight. The SWA crew made a mistake, albeit a big one. I'm actually kinda impressed they got the airplane stopped. I guess I kinda feel for them, as I said before, I've made the exact same error but recognized it prior to landing and recovered. They weren't the first to make this mistake and they won't be the last. The irony is all the rock throwing going on in here.

Naw, we're just tired of watching people push the envelope, with predictable results. You're only half an ego away from being as dangerous as the guy you were criticizing a few posts back.

Eh go fish on that flame

Talk about negligence:

http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-crash-aftermath-video-shows-firefighters-warned-teen-233002390.html

Are other firefighters throwing these guys under the bus on some firefighter forum? Seriously, I don't know? Maybe, maybe not. But "gross negligence" in Branson? Idk? It was an error, but thankfully no casualties. It would probably be a better use of our time to call for more disciplined CFR than throw the SWA crew under the bus.

Apples and oranges "Co worker" flops. I like to think we go through more to become airline pilots than do fire fighters. For the near future we will all be the butt of jokes as the passengers board making comments about "do we know where we are going." These two obviously had no SA which means they had nothing in the box to verify where the hell they were. This is a very basic requirement where we work.(is on the Airbus anyway) It is also plain common sense. I do not mind defending our profession from misguided greedy management. I do mind defending our profession from grossly negligent bonehead maneuvers like this by one of our own.

Luck

SWA IMHO is like a CAT who has used up 8 of 9 lives. How much longer can they get away with their feisty little mistakes?

For the near future we will all be the butt of jokes as the passengers board making comments about "do we know where we are going."

That would be welcome banter over what I've had to hear the last couple years from customers. Previous to our becoming "co workers" I had quite a few happy people back there. Anyway... There is a little more going on here than these two having their heads up and locked. You ever been into PLK? I have, a lot. Read the first link I posted showing all the airlines that have had this happen. It's an equal opportunity error.

That would be welcome banter over what I've had to hear the last couple years from customers. Previous to our becoming "co workers" I had quite a few happy people back there. Anyway... There is a little more going on here than these two having their heads up and locked. You ever been into PLK? I have, a lot. Read the first link I posted showing all the airlines that have had this happen. It's an equal opportunity error.

The error cannot if you are following SOP's. I know what you mean about having happy passengers before we were "co workers." I'm over that now. We are UCH pilots and both have a management team that has managed to wreck two airlines. here's hoping for a turn around soon.

Latest resources

Back