SWA Jumpseat Back to Normal Ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

This was posted at the end of the other thread referencing the "rumor" of the JS going away for awhile on SWA.

Just in case folks don't wish to scroll to the end of the other thread, all is back to normal.

Thanks to our fellow pilots for your patience and understanding while SWA worked through the issues. Sorry for the inconvenienc and apologies to those it may have created a problem for. Some circumstances require time to resolve and this was one of those.

Back to lurking....

I must say I'm a little blown away that this became a controversy. Clearly something happened that SWA felt they needed to close the J/S down for whatever reason. Fine. But after years and years of SWA being as generous as anyone and untold 1000's getting treated great, some people choose to ignore that, jump to whatever conclusion they felt like and blast away. Pretty sad. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.

I must say I'm a little blown away that this became a controversy. Clearly something happened that SWA felt they needed to close the J/S down for whatever reason. Fine. But after years and years of SWA being as generous as anyone and untold 1000's getting treated great, some people choose to ignore that, jump to whatever conclusion they felt like and blast away. Pretty sad. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.

Because it's WN. Any excuse is good enough to blast us.

DAL ALPA has just resticted cockpit jumpseats to all SWA until further notice.

Try to see past your SWA-hatred and think clearly for a moment, Dan. You're (supposedly) an airline pilot. You (supposedly) should have some idea by now as to how the FAA & TSA work (or don't work). Do you really think a knee-jerk decision like this one has it's roots with the airline or with the gov't types who oversee that airline?

I think he was defending the decision....

Yes, was my answer that poorly written so as to be so completely misunderstood by StopNTSing? I say again, SWA has been GREAT with their jumpseat over the years. Clearly they had a reason for the initial shutdown of it. I was dismayed that other pilots would be so quick to blast them rather than give them the benefit of the doubt.

Okay, guilty as charged. :0 I'll be sure to RTFP more carefully next time.

Latest resources

Back