SWA Jan & Feb classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jan Db

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I heard it from a friend who. . . heard it from a friend who. . . heard the Jan DB was Thursday. Anyone else hearing these rumors? Thanks in advance and sorry for the REO reference.

K

debo007 said:
Weird thing happened. DAL chief came into our class the other day and said there would now be 2 more classes in JAN. Haven't seen anything official, though....(Im in Dec 14 Class)

That would be great news, however, I would find this hard to believe. If they where to have two more classes this month that would hardly give anyone time to provide a two weeks notice of resignation.

Knelson,

I will be considered in the Jan DB and I was sent this email from the SWA PD in Dec.

We hope this email finds each of you enjoying the Holiday Season. We wanted to let you know that the Pilot Decision Committee for December was canceled. Our Flight Operations Leadership Team has been very busy due to the incident in MDW involving Southwest Airlines. The Decision Committee has been rescheduled for January 11th. We truly apologize for the delay. We understand that you are waiting to hear from us, and we really appreciate your patience. We will do our best to notify you within one week after the January Committee.

All of us here at Southwest Airlines wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season.

Thank you,

Thank You,

Flight Ops Coordinator
Southwest Airlines
2702 Love Field Dr
HDQ-4HR
Dallas, TX 75235

kc81900 said:
That would be great news, however, I would find this hard to believe. If they where to have two more classes this month that would hardly give anyone time to provide a two weeks notice of resignation.

I'M AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Tell me if I'm way off here, one might be missing the big picture to say "only 2 out of 10 were hired." (just using this as an example) That in itself isn't a completely accurate representation of what percentage are getting hired.

For example in November they interviewed 6 groups of 18 each. So 108 go to the same DB. Thus you aren't really competing with just the 10 in your group. You are 1 of 108, not one of 18. I think that's why it isn't B.S. when they tell you that they could hire every one of you when you go in to interview. They could hire 18 of 18 in one group and 0 of 18 in another (not likely, but possible).

By the way, I don't know how many will be looked at in the Jan DB since it's 108 November interviewees plus all of the December interviewees. It's gonna be a big stack to go through. Hopefully they hire just as many as they would have for two different DBs.

Feb Class...

Fresh from one of the new-hires in the Jan 4 class. Next class will be on Feb 8. Average for their class getting notice was about 3 1/2 weeks. So, by my totally uninformed guess, calls will start going out about Jan 16.:D

Good luck to all waiting for the call. Please post as soon as you can so we know the calls are happening.

Back to painting...:smash:

Question?

If ref's were called how good of a sign is this. Every SWA pilot I've talked to in the last month or so has said it's a good thing, but I've also heard of people getting ref's called and no job too. Any input would be grrrreaaaat.

Lumbergh

avoidingmyboss said:
Question?

If ref's were called how good of a sign is this. Every SWA pilot I've talked to in the last month or so has said it's a good thing, but I've also heard of people getting ref's called and no job too. Any input would be grrrreaaaat.

Lumbergh

Had 2 out of my 5 refs. called....... got the job. Had a friend with all of their Refs. called......he did not get the job. Had another friend that had none of their Refs. called.......he got the job.

Go figure!?

Latest resources

Back