Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bobby Orr 4

Just happy to be here.
I talked to Kim today and was informed there will only be 1 January class and 1 February class.
Happy New Year to all.

the reduction is likely due to a new contract side letter which tests for a period of 4-6 months various methods of increasing pilot productivity, the net result of which is less need for pilots despite increasing aircraft totals. the good news is that this all goes away in may or so and reverts to the old system of scheduling etc. and there will be an instant need to catch up. this will not result in less pilots getting hired in '06, just a push back of when they get hired... expect classes fast and furious for months beginning in late spring.

Thanks for the info.. Patiently waiting for the second class of the new year...... Classes start on Wednesday? Just checking my calendar...

whalepilot...

whalepilot747 said:
Thanks for the info.. Patiently waiting for the second class of the new year...... Classes start on Wednesday? Just checking my calendar...

When did you interview? My date is Sep 21st. Got a friend of mine who interviewed Aug 17th and he is in the Jan class. Just trying to gauge where the Jan class cutoff was at, date wise.

In the meantime, patiently waiting...tick, tock, tick, tock...:)

At least I'm not waiting in Kabul!:eek: Right, Kabul?:p

whalepilot...

Hey, you should be getting very close!:beer:

I know a lurker who interviewed before me in Sep, but he can't get out until Mar. So, I'm hoping I get a call soon, as well. That way, he'll be junior to me!;)

Sitting by the phone...

congrats to all you guys... the wait will be worth it. you might lose out on a month or so of working here because of the new side letter but your seniority at the end of the year will be the same as if it didn't exist.

Latest resources

Back